Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

going to.find a doctor that will help!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
I am in pain all the fucking time. I have lost about 40lbs and yes I know I am still over weight but I have been this way since day one. and i have never been in this much pain. I have been trying to figure out what the problem is since this time last year. since that time I was told to lose weight, I have been but the pain is getting worse. its so bad now that I can barely get out of bed in the morning let alone go to the gym. at work I am in so much pain and my muscles are cramping so much I can't stand at all. FINALLY after a year of having nothing done but get handed pain pills and getting blown off someone listens to me, because ya know muscle cramps last I checked aren't caused by weight. she sends me for xrays which I could have told her would be clear since its not a joint issue its muscular but whatever. and then I get blown off AGAIN and told to lose weight and to see the nutritionist. she tells me that i never saw her(they are in the same office) when i left am appointment with the nutritionist to an appointment with her! literally 5 minutes apart! I KNOW that there is something else wrong I am in excruciating pain from the time I wake up until the time I.manage to sleep through the constant cramping in my legs and back. I hurt. all over. and I just want it to go away :(
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
zombiemommy7
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:16 PM
Fibromyalgia?
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:20 PM

I'm sorry.  I hope you can find a doctor who will take you seriously.  Ask for an MRI at the next one.

Good job on losing 40 pounds!  Let's get that praise out where it is due!  Keep up with the weight loss as best you can, because even if it isn't directly related it will have positive impacts on your health.

If a particular exercise makes the pain worse, avoid it.

Be proactive and vocal about your care.  The next doctor you see, show them your weight loss journey as best you can, tell them you feel this is a muscular issue and not a skeletal one, and ask about treatment options.  

Honestly, it might help to refuse pain meds.  Ask about other forms of pain management.  Some doctors assume someone with an undiagnosed pain will just go away if they hand out painkillers.  It is WRONG, and refusing a painkiller can send a serious message that you won't just "go away."

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:24 PM
the only thing that gets the pain to stop for even a little bit is sitting with my knees pulled into my chest. any kind of standing makes it worse. she tried to give me pain pills this time and I tore up the script in front of her. that was the ONLY reason I got the xrays was because i told her I wasn't playing that game anymore.

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

I'm sorry.  I hope you can find a doctor who will take you seriously.  Ask for an MRI at the next one.

Good job on losing 40 pounds!  Let's get that praise out where it is due!  Keep up with the weight loss as best you can, because even if it isn't directly related it will have positive impacts on your health.

Be proactive and vocal about your care.  The next doctor you see, show them your weight loss journey as best you can, tell them you feel this is a muscular issue and not a skeletal one, and ask about treatment options.  

Honestly, it might help to refuse pain meds.  Ask about other forms of pain management.  Some doctors assume someone with an undiagnosed pain will just go away if they hand out painkillers.  It is WRONG, and refusing a painkiller can send a serious message that you won't just "go away."

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:26 PM
I don't think its that because my friends mom has that and from what she described to me it feels different. a girl a work said something about deep vain thrombosis? I guess it can be caused by my birth control but I doubt that that is what this is. I am just so tired of being blown off.

Quoting zombiemommy7:

Fibromyalgia?
zombiemommy7
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:28 PM
I hope you find some answers soon!

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't think its that because my friends mom has that and from what she described to me it feels different. a girl a work said something about deep vain thrombosis? I guess it can be caused by my birth control but I doubt that that is what this is. I am just so tired of being blown off.

Quoting zombiemommy7:

Fibromyalgia?
airgoddess777
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:28 PM
Try yoga. You can start off with a simple beginner's routine and do what you can, then work your way up to more difficult moves as your strength and flexibility improve.
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Have you tried supportive underwear, like spanx?  I'm asking because the knees to chest might mean something is being pulled down and spanx could help support it until you find more answers.

I know how hard this is.  I had a high risk pregnancy that resulted in a lot of bedrest.  I gained 70 pounds while having to rely on DH's ability to feed me.  Prior to becoming pregnant, I had torn my achilles tendon and done a lot of damage to my ankle.

So after the pregnancy when i tried to get better treatment for my ankle, all I was told was that I needed to lose weight.  The pain in my leg would be unbearable, to the point I physically COULD NOT work out like they wanted!

The only thing that helped was going back over and over, keeping food journals and demanding new doctors, until I found one that would listen.  He treated my ankle, which made it possible for me to move more.  Ultimately, I ended up juice fasting to kick the last of the weight. 

Quoting Anonymous:

the only thing that gets the pain to stop for even a little bit is sitting with my knees pulled into my chest. any kind of standing makes it worse. she tried to give me pain pills this time and I tore up the script in front of her. that was the ONLY reason I got the xrays was because i told her I wasn't playing that game anymore.

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:33 PM
I haven't tried spanx yet no. but I will :)

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Have you tried supportive underwear, like spanx?  I'm asking because the knees to chest might mean something is being pulled down and spanx could help support it until you find more answers.

I know how hard this is.  I had a high risk pregnancy that resulted in a lot of bedrest.  I gained 70 pounds while having to rely on DH's ability to feed me.  Prior to becoming pregnant, I had torn my achilles tendon and done a lot of damage to my ankle.

So after the pregnancy when i tried to get better treatment for my ankle, all I was told was that I needed to lose weight.  The pain in my leg would be unbearable, to the point I physically COULD NOT work out like they wanted!

The only thing that helped was going back over and over, keeping food journals and demanding new doctors, until I found one that would listen.  He treated my ankle, which made it possible for me to move more.  Ultimately, I ended up juice fasting to kick the last of the weight. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Have you tried seeing a rheumatologist? You could have some sort of autoimmune disease. I have Sjogren's syndrome and it causes me a lot of muscle and joint pain.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)