Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My poor sweet baby!!! :*((( Update: Home from surgery *pics*

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:27 PM
  • 61 Replies
1 mom liked this
So, I'm the one who discovered a bee infestation in my ceiling yesterday. That was pretty stressful.

This morning I dropped my dog off at the groomer. I headed back home to do everything I was supposed to do yesterday but didn't because of the bee situation. About 20 minutes later I got a call from the groomer. It was a man who identified himself as a manager. My heart sank...I knew something was wrong. He said that the groomer had gotten her dewclaw caught in the clippers. The dewclaw ripped most of the way out and the clippers mangled the skin and tissue in the area. The manager asked for permission to have the on site vet check her out. I said yes and said I was on my way.

When I got there I went to the vet and Savannah wasn't there. All they had done was wrap up her leg and dump her back in a cage in the groomer's. The manager said that she would need the claw removed and offered to have it done at their vet. I said NO and took Savannah to our vet. I got the manager's card and he said he would talk to someone else to see whether they would pay our vet bill.

Our vet took a look and said that she needs surgery :( The claw needs to be removed. There is tissue hanging off that needs to be removed. The remaining tissue needs to be glued back together. She will be on 5 different meds. She is back there now getting ready for surgery and I am sitting in the exam room bawling!!!

Update: Savannah is home and is really doped up, lol. I spoke with another manager who was much more helpful. She paid the vet bill and prepaid a follow up visit. She also is paying for Savannah to be groomed at a different groomer since she was only half done. She was much more apologetic and kind than the employees I spoke with earlier. She is getting me a copy of the incident report and she gave lovie a box of milkbones.

Savannah has her foot bandaged and isn't really walking much. She is so pitiful :( She's getting lots of hugs and treats, though.

I'll post a few pics on page 4.
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:29 PM

:o( im sorry.

WINCEST.

2ltlmonkeyz
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:29 PM
2 moms liked this
I would tell that manager they would pay, there would be no "seeing" about it .
dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:30 PM

if i send you random WINCEST pictures, will it make you feel better, or just awkward in the waiting room?

how long do they expect the surgery to last?

krissy920
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:30 PM

oh no :( how sad.. sorry for your pup

LadyAmaranth
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Ahhh man, that's sucks royally! I hope your dog gets fixed up really good and the groomers own up and pay up without isdues.

P.s. did the bees situation get fixed?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:31 PM

They should pay. Poor doggy :c

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Oh I'd make them pay... Poor puppy...

After all is said and done I'd review the crap out of their business... Yelp, google, yahoo anything that shed a light to the potential dangers of that business
zombiemommy7
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:32 PM
They should have to pay. Im sure thats the least of your worries though. Hang in there im sure shell be fine. *hugs*
missymackie
by Mrs. Dixon on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:32 PM
I'm sorry :( when it rains it really does pour...
justpeachy71904
by peachy on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Omg I'm so sorry

I.heard this is common :(

commonly lab got his caught on the back deck thank goodness it only tore the mail off, but it was a bloody mess

I am so sorry :(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)