Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You formula feed so you can be skinny!

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:51 PM
  • 24 Replies

So I've heard all sorts of ways some women try to justify the way they parent is better than another. Whether is be spanking or time outs, formula feeding or breast feeding. Extended rear facing or turning them at a year old. 

But I don't see the need in putting down another mom by saying they formula fed to be skinny. I did both for my DD's and neither of them were put on formula to make me skinny.

So, what have you seen recently that is putting down another parenting style that was just completely crazy/unfair/stupid?

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LectioDivina
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:54 PM

?

Breastfeeding helps you lose weight...

Amberleigh81
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:54 PM
I've heard women say they stopped breastfeeding so they could work out and diet like a crazy person.

I feel like my kid is more important than my body image (especially with a newborn) so I didn't even think about myself for the first few months.

I eat right and walk every day anyway, so I wasn't stressed about it.

Seems like a weird reason to me, but to each their own.
mom2_2542
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this
That's just wrong info lol
shivasgirl
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:56 PM

yup....I formula fed and I am not skinny at all

Quoting LectioDivina:

?

KanPsMommy
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Ikr? She says she's breast feeding and its making her fat, but she's lost 30lbs already. I don't think she realizes how counter productive her statement is. Its like she wants to be a crunchy momma, but does it all wrong lol. Breast feeding, cloth diapering, and baby wearing but she doesn't educate her self on any of those things.

Quoting LectioDivina:

?

KanPsMommy
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:00 PM

You can stil work out and breast feed. You can still diet and breast feed, and by diet I mean eating healthy and correct portions which you should do with any exercise program. You don't have to drastically cut calories to see results.

Quoting Amberleigh81:

I've heard women say they stopped breastfeeding so they could work out and diet like a crazy person.

I feel like my kid is more important than my body image (especially with a newborn) so I didn't even think about myself for the first few months.

Amberleigh81
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:02 PM
I know that. In fact, I am 15 pounds lighter than I was before getting pregnant.

I have just heard that used as an excuse before.

Quoting KanPsMommy:

You can stil work out and breast feed. You can still diet and breast feed, and by diet I mean eating healthy and correct portions which you should do with any exercise program. You don't have to drastically cut calories to see results.

Quoting Amberleigh81:

loisl25
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:03 PM
1 mom liked this
That whole breastfeeding helps you lose weight thing is not at all true for me. Not that I don't believe it's true for other women, but you can't cut calories while b.f.-ing b/c nursing women actually need 300 calories per day MORE than a pregnant woman, and, personally, I find that cravings go up and willpower goes down when I'm nursing. I can NOT lose a pound when I'm nursing.
LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:03 PM
1 mom liked this

that is the dumbest thing I have heard today so far.

ZombieChicken
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Sounds to me like this comment was aimed at one person vs. a group of people.   I got scolded by a drunk lady (at the fair) for not letting my son touch a pig.  It was kind of funny.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)