Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think my doctor would allow a hysterectomy?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
For like a year now I've been having a lot of issues with my period. I can be on it for like a month with very heavy bleeding. The bleeding is so heavy I wear a super plus tampon and a overnight pad and I leak out of the tampon in like 15 minutes. I go through 3 boxes of tampons during one period cycle. I've had blood test, paps, and ultrasounds and everything is normal. I took provera and it didn't help.

I'm 28 and have 2 girls and I'm done having kids. So I was thinking about asking for a hysterectomy. Do you think I can get it approved.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:06 PM
Depends on the doctor, Some will some won't sounds like a good reason though
lnrmom
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:08 PM

I had mine at 24 due to endometriosis that I had been battling, by that time, for 10 years. My family doctor wouldn't do it, sent me to an OB/GYN and I outlined why I wanted it, said I was done having kids (had a tubal at 20), and my SO at the time signed off that he was ok with not having kids (he's not the father of my children).

All you can do is ask.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:08 PM
I doubt they will do a hysterectomy since you are still young but maybe look into an ablation. I had one a year and a half ago. They basically burn and scar tje inside of your uterus. It usually stops your period but you have to be done having kids. My doctor even asked if DH had taken permenate measure to not have more.
SandyLaxner
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:15 PM

Hun,try to find any other way ,hysterectomy is MAJOR abd surgery with about an 8wk recovery time.  I had mine 3yrs ago bc my ovary was scarred attached to my pelvic side wall and causing so much pain.  The surgery went fine but I had an ileus(bowels paralyzed)afterwards and spent 7days in the hospital.  Any treatment procedures meds you can do besides surgery do it.  Now I have an umbilical hernia too:(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)