Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I went to the bank...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
To refinance his car for him (he had just left on deployment and his ex wife's name was still on the title).

Anyway, I had my two and a half year old daughter and 8 year old step son with me. It took almost two and a half hours to complete. DD was sooo well behaved the first two hours. Quietly played with her toy laptop and with her toy cars the whole two hours. She was getting antsy near the end, but still well behaved.

We went to do the final signing and she decided to lay on the floor and, not scream, not yell, just chant in a sing-song voice "no no no no no."

Some old dude says "she's quite the handful isnt she?" And I kinda ignored him so he gets OUT OF LINE and corners me, telling me I needed to spank that child or she would grow up to be "a whore. Pregnant by the time she's 13."

I was so pissed and frazzled that he'd do this in front of my kids and I couldn't think what to say. I just grabbed my kids and stormed out. Ugh. No one in that bank said anything.

I think two hours from a toddler is about all you can expect. I don't let my kids run rampant. Where do people learn this behavior is ok?! Its a military bank, so I get it. Lots of those women don't discipline their kids. My SS was severely abused and neglected by his birth mom. We don't spank because the research shows it does more harm than good and definitely in a home with a formerly abused kid... Ugh.

What do you think?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:22 PM
I get it. I should've found a sitter, probably. But at the time I had no one I could ask. I work full time so that was my only day to get it done.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Saydar
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Why didn't you tell the bossy old geezer to f*ck off?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:32 PM
I hate people. Yeah you probably should've gotten a sitter but sometimes you just can't. Life happens He should have kept his opinions to himself
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)