Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

who is right?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
My ex wants to get my dd a phone. We split the cost of things like this. They want me to pay 150 for tbe phone, and they pay the bill.

I can get her an iphone for free, with a discounted rate on my plan. I suggested we do that, split the bill & both save $.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
UxorQuodMatris.
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:36 PM
2 moms liked this
Personally I'd save the headache of splitting the bill every month and just cough up the $150.
funlovinlady
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:36 PM

You're right but in the long run it will be cheaper for you to buy her a phone & they foot the bill.

mlg1989
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:37 PM
I would think you are in the right if it saves BOTH of you money and is the more sensible thing to do.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:42 PM
I know it won't save me money in the long run, but I'm more interested in being fair. This way, it's 50/50, kwim?

Quoting funlovinlady:

You're right but in the long run it will be cheaper for you to buy her a phone & they foot the bill.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Splitting the bill every month is a pain in the ass. Whatever you do, have one person pick up the bill each month. I think paying the $150 is the steal in the end. You'd have one upfront cost and they'd be paying every month for years. It would be stupid to turn them down.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:47 PM
I'm not interested in getting out of the responsibility. I'd rather it be split equally.

Quoting Anonymous:

Splitting the bill every month is a pain in the ass. Whatever you do, have one person pick up the bill each month. I think paying the $150 is the steal in the end. You'd have one upfront cost and they'd be paying every month for years. It would be stupid to turn them down.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:48 PM

either way. But it all depends on how old your dd is?? 

Karen_29
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:50 PM

you would both save money if you did it your way but i would probably do it his way and have the bill go to him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:54 PM
So get her a phone and pay for it on your plan. I don't think her father paying for something for her is you not being responsible. Do you not buy her things? However, I think it would not be a good idea to have to deal with giving each other a check every month. And, I know for my plan adding a line is like $20 a month. Not worth the hassle.
Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not interested in getting out of the responsibility. I'd rather it be split equally.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)