• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hosting someone elses birthday party....

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:41 PM
  • 4 Replies
My friend (close friend) birthday is coming up, she lives with her grandmother (taking care of her) so she can not have a party there. I offered to have it at my place (she has done alot for me so I figured since I could get a babysitter Id repay her with having her party).

Now, the thing is I can create a facebook invite, and invite some of our mutual friends and thats no big deal. I never have parties at my house (last one was over two years ago and it was a house warming), so I do not want to invite people that may cause too much of a rukus on my neighbours. The guest list is up to 12 (myself and her included), but I skipped some friends because I simple do not like to be around them for long periods of time. Shed never say if it bothered her that I did this, but is this okay considering its my house? They are not any of her close friends.. But yeah.

Would you do the same?
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
anitarichman
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:53 PM

Ask her.  It doesnt' sound like a surprise party so let her decide if these friends come or not. 

ninjakids
by Christina on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:09 PM
I have asked her she didnt reqlly have an input she just said myself her and two of our friends froma way and 'whoever else'. She is very shy about asking people for things so she wont tell me.

Quoting anitarichman:

Ask her.  It doesnt' sound like a surprise party so let her decide if these friends come or not. 

ninjakids
by Christina on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:55 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:58 PM
I think its fine. Its your house and she apparently doesn't care. I don't see a problem.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)