Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have 2 autistic sons...ask me

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

anything.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:53 PM
Replies (21-30):
briansmommy2010
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:15 PM
Oh shut up.

OP-how old were they when they were diagnosed?

I don't have many questions. My DS has moderate autism.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sure you do.  What society considers autistic these days is just a way for parents to make excuses for their kids behaiver. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:15 PM
OOPS: EDIT --- Goats Milk.

Nothing unusual about the pregnancies.  The dr advice me to give them watered down cows milk. 

Quoting Anonymous:

what did they eat then?  and they were like that from day one, huh?  anything unusual about the pregnancies?

Quoting Anonymous:

There was no consoling them. Screaming, crying, scratching non stop. Trying to climb up you as they screamed. Arching their back. I couldnt touch our oldest - when I touched him he would scream. They wouldnt take formula or breast milk.
Quoting Anonymous:

what wasn't 'normal' about them?

Quoting Anonymous:

I dont believe vaccines cause their autism nor do I believe vaccines made it worse. You could tell they werent like normal newborns.
Quoting Anonymous:

did vaccines cause it?

you knew it was coming

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:16 PM
Why? Do you think that makes you spectacular?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Oldest was 5. 2nd son was 3.5
Quoting briansmommy2010:

Oh shut up.

OP-how old were they when they were diagnosed?

I don't have many questions. My DS has moderate autism.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sure you do.  What society considers autistic these days is just a way for parents to make excuses for their kids behaiver. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:18 PM
Nope. In no way does it make me feel spectacular. I just thought other moms might wanna ask questions.
Quoting Anonymous:

legobaby
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:20 PM
Do you get so sick of people talking about autism being over diagnosed or an invented illness like I do? My son has some developmental delays and was diagnosed PDD-NOS and I'm already getting stuff like my BFF on Facebook talking about how autism spectrum disorders are over diagnosed. I do think a lot of things are over diagnosed. Autism may be one of them. I definitely feel that way about ADHD, bipolar disorder, and some others, but even though my son is a mild case, I know that there are some things that are much harder for him than the typical person. It breaks my heart every time I see it because he's only 4 and I don't know to what extent it's going to affect his life.

So do you take it personally like I do? :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:21 PM
Hmmmm.

Quoting Anonymous:

There was no consoling them. Screaming, crying, scratching non stop. Trying to climb up you as they screamed. Arching their back. I couldnt touch our oldest - when I touched him he would scream. They wouldnt take formula or breast milk.
Quoting Anonymous:

what wasn't 'normal' about them?

Quoting Anonymous:

I dont believe vaccines cause their autism nor do I believe vaccines made it worse. You could tell they werent like normal newborns.
Quoting Anonymous:

did vaccines cause it?

you knew it was coming

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:22 PM
12 year old is non verbal. 10 year old is verbal. I take my kids everywhere. When we go out we have to plan it and talk about it. Show them pictures on the internet of what we are doing. The only place we can go unplanned is the library. They love the library. Sometimes when we go out our 2nd son freaks but I keep his headphones, his bubble wrap and a glow stick in my bag and that can keep him calm. Our oldest doesnt really notice the world around him therefore he barely melts down.
Quoting StarLight23:

Very cool. Sounds like fun. Do you have any problems taking them out in public or is that still hard (cause of sensory problems, issues.. )?

They are ALL boy.. Trains and dinosaurs.  Are they verbal?

Quoting Anonymous:

They didnt start playing together until about 2 years ago. 1 son is into dinos our other son is into trains. Theyll put the dinos in a traincar and haul them around the yard. They are aware of each other. We do everything together so they know each others likes and dislikes - they like to lay together on the bed looking at books or playing on their tablets.
Quoting StarLight23:

I have a son with high functioning autism myself. I have always wondered with two autistic kids.. are they aware of each other? do they play together?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:22 PM
1 mom liked this
My 12 yr old DS is autistic & my 15 yr old DD is schizophrenic. I know how difficult some days can be with special needs children.
Hope the rest of the week is great :)
WarriorMum
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:22 PM

Don't waste your energy on the likes of her, she isn't worth the effort.

anyhooo..what therapies do you use?

Quoting Anonymous:

Nope. In no way does it make me feel spectacular. I just thought other moms might wanna ask questions.
Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)