Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The most awesome birthday gift from my mom...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies
My parents took my out to dinner for my birthday. We went to Joe's. So we're having a nice, fun dinner and this family is seated next to us. I immediately recognize them because they come into the restaurant I work at frequently. They. Are. Horrible. They are so white trash it isn't funny. They have us running all over the entire time, they're rude to rude to the servers and to other guests. Their nasty, little children throw things, scream, run around. The adults are the same way- burping, slurping, looking for things to complain about. They intentionally order things incorrectly so they can have their bill comped. They never tip. Anyone.
So I'm immediately agitated when they sit down next to us. They're loud and obnoxious and immediately begin getting glances from other guests. My mom is shooting them dirty looks even before I tell her how horrible they are. So when the lady lets out a huge burp my mom decides she's had enough.
She's not the type to hold her tongue. So she looks at them and says, "Excuse me- we're trying to enjoy our meal and you're being very distracting. Would you mind being a bit more quiet?"
The lady gives her a dirty look and the family gets even louder. Even my children recognize how rude they are and my six year old asks, "why don't they say excuse me when they burp?" And my mom responds, "because they have no class and no concern for anyone around them." Loud enough for them to hear. Everyone in the restaurant is looking at them by this time. Finally when the waiter comes back by my mom tells the server that they're so distracting that no one can enjoy their meal.
Well I'm guessing they've encountered this family before because the manager came out, asked them to leave and when they started to make a scene and argue with him he banned them from the restaurant.
I can't imagine a better birthday surprise :))
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:31 PM
Congrats.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:33 PM
Aww thanks :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Congrats.

angevil53
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Too bad it wasn't your restaurant. Maybe next time ;) glad you had a good one
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)