Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Any moms disappointed at first over your child's gender?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 405 Replies
1 mom liked this
Any moms want to admit that they hoped for a girl but got a boy or vice versa? I have a boy and I really want a girl next. I know I will love a boy too. And as always you just want them to be healthy!
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SyllabaryBisque
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:33 PM
3 moms liked this

We are expecting DD in November and were really hoping for a boy. I already have DS6, but I'm just more comfortable with boys and terrified of a girl in her teenage years. So we were kinda disappointed when they announced she was a girl. However, now that I've had a bit of time, I'm absolutely thrilled and can't wait, though I'm STILL dreading her teenage years! Lol 

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:35 PM

I always knew what I was having until baby #7....he tricked me, lol BUT I really never cared if the baby was a boy or girl...as long as they were healthy

Aireeahnah
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:35 PM
2 moms liked this
I was at first. I was completely convinced that I was having a boy and so that's what I was preparing for. I just felt like it was a boy. But he ended up a she on the ultrasound and after my shock was over I was just as happy. She's a mommys girl :3 love her to pieces.
MomToDarienne
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:35 PM

I didn't really care, I kept switching.."Ohh..I want a girl!" "Noo I want a boy!" I have a girl, but of course, I'd love a little boy one day, but I'd still be happy with a house full of girls.

BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:35 PM
I've always wanted a boy and a girl, so of course was hoping my second was a girl.

I had another boy. Lol. I was bummed for like a day. Got over it quick and wouldn't have it any other way. I love my boys. :)
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this

What You are imagining that may happen is NOTHING CLOSE to what will actually happen.....

BE VERY AFRAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO

Quoting SyllabaryBisque:

We are expecting DD in November and were really hoping for a boy. I already have DS6, but I'm just more comfortable with boys and terrified of a girl in her teenage years. So we were kinda disappointed when they announced she was a girl. However, now that I've had a bit of time, I'm absolutely thrilled and can't wait, though I'm STILL dreading her teenage years! Lol 

jenaree
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:37 PM

My last pregnancy was a little boy and ended with him being an almost full term stillborn due to a cord accident. I am pregnant again and was hoping for a little girl, I just thought it would be easier to have the opposite gender after a  loss like that. I wasn't really disappointed, it just made me nervous about comparing the pregnancies too much and that upping my anxiety. Also we already have a 3yo little girl and we already have all the clothes and what not. But I just look at it as that now I get to go shopping!

outtamymynd
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:37 PM
When I found out my 4th was a girl (we already had 1 boy and 2 girls) I was really disappointed, but once she was born it didn't matter. I love her to pieces.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:37 PM
I always got what I wanted.
DH waited years and had 2 more boys before he finally got a little girl though.
He loves his boys and the son we have had since, but DD has a special place for him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:37 PM
1 mom liked this

With my 1st I really wanted a girl but I got a boy and I cried. With my 2nd and my 3rd I knew they were boys and I was fine with it. My 4th was a girl and she's a brat so be careful what you wish for lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN