• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Neighbor is making my company uncomfortable

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:33 PM
  • 43 Replies
So I posted the other day my god son and his mom are staying with us temporarily. The man who lives across the street is a bit older than us. We are 24 and he is almost 50 I believe. My friend is a pretty and petite Hispanic girl. I have known her for 6 almost 7 years so the neighbor knows her as well from her just being around us and we are all friendly. Last week the neighbor grilled for us and the next night I cooked and we had him over. Well he has been walking over for weeks now asking when my friend T would be back. I didn't think much of it then he starts coming over almost daily asking if I had heard from his girlfriend.
I laughed it off thinking he's just being funny. Well any way the night I cooked T was talking about us running to the store for diapers and she wanted to get the kids some ice cream. Well the neighbor volunteers to take her. She said thank you that would be nice. Well they get back and I asked if it was an ok trip into town she said yes they talked and he was polite. But, she was a little uneasy that he refused to let her pay for the diapers and ice cream.
So after we eat ice cream we go outside and they all enjoy a cigarette and T asks if it's ok to go in my bathroom and borrow my conditioner I said oh sure. Neighbor says you can come shower at my house I have some. We all ignored the comment and T ran inside to shower.

The next day the neighbor leaves to go to work ( 3 days out of state 4 home)
He had asked for Ts number the night before and was texting her randomly while he was gone. But then last night it starts getting really creepy. He text what do you like for breakfast?
Breakfast in bed sounds good...
Your not answering, there is only so many things to have for breakfast
I guess I'll just go o walmart and buy a bunch of breakfast stuff then.

She never replied to any of this.

Then he started it up again this morning, she just replied with haha whatever your funny.

An hour ago he walked over here knocking on my door. Didn't say hey or anything just said where is T? I said she is getting the baby to sleep its after lunch that's nap time here. He said ok and walked off.....

Little did he know she saw him thru the window and ran and hid.

Now she is really getting freaked out and wants him to stop but she doesn't know how to approach the subject and get her point across without hurting his feelings.
Help!!!!
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Val99
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Why would she reply with "haha" instead of telling him she felt uncomfortable with his texts?  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:38 PM

giving him her number obviously misleading him to thinking she was interested.....she needs to tell him the truth, that she isnt interested in a relationship with him GL

hello_kitty25
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:39 PM
How creepy!! She needs to hurry and get her own place!
mes_deux_amours
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Maybe you should tell him since its your house and your neighbor. He's over and in your busines quite a bit. Maybe tell him you'll invite him over but to stop dropping by

BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:43 PM
I guess haha was used because she was dumbfounded and didn't know what else to say.

Quoting Val99:

Why would she reply with "haha" instead of telling him she felt uncomfortable with his texts?  

BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:44 PM
I tried to warn her about it but I couldn't really since he asked and kinda put her on the spot in front of all of us to get it

Quoting Anonymous:

giving him her number obviously misleading him to thinking she was interested.....she needs to tell him the truth, that she isnt interested in a relationship with him GL

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:48 PM
maybe she should just chill and enjoy the suga daddy
BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Working on it. She got a job!!! Starts on august 17th and I got her to the Medicaid office so that will be active in a month, we were gonna do foodstamp office yesterday but Dh forgot his income sheet ugh so I guess we will do that tomorrow and then I'm takin her to get housing assistance. I told her I didn't like her boyfriend, the room mate smokes pot has 2 pit bulls unfamiliar with my god son and I told her in the past few months, you have moved in with me twice. I want you and the baby in your own place so the boyfriend can't control you or father you any more and he can't kick you out for every little thing.

She agreed thank god! So, we got some progress here.

Quoting hello_kitty25:

How creepy!! She needs to hurry and get her own place!
BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:50 PM
Hahaha

Seriously that's so gross he looks like a troll or oomph loompa

Quoting Anonymous:

maybe she should just chill and enjoy the suga daddy
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Oh I see, that is going to be a hard one so deal with, if she is not wanting to comfront him or tell him striaght out no, maybe ignore or block his texts/calls and avoid him? or if he is around make sure she shows no interest and do not accept anything from a ride to a bottle of water from him?

Quoting BraydensMama163:

I tried to warn her about it but I couldn't really since he asked and kinda put her on the spot in front of all of us to get it

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)