Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't know what to do anymore

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:38 PM
  • 27 Replies
DS is just about 8 months and for the past few days he has been acting so crazy! But only with me! When he's with his dad he is an angel and will play and smile. But when he's with just me he screams and throws fits.

He literally throws fits, throwing his head back, throwing him self on the floor and screaming. Idk why. I tried comforting him through his fits, trying to let him know I'm there for him and he wouldnt stop. So now I'm to the point where I let him throw his fits and once he starts to calm down I will pick him up and comfort him.

But here's the thing. Idk why! He cries when I let him play on the floor. He cries in his walker. He cries when I hold him. He cries when I try to lay down and play with him. I thought he was coming down with something so we took him to the doctor and nothing. Have I created a spoiled monster?! He only acts like this with me :( the only time he is happy is when I'm standing up walking around with him. Help me please.
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MumsTheWord571
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:42 PM
I don't deal with temper tantrums well. So, I put them in a safe place (crib or bed), tell them "When you calm down we can talk" then leave the room. When a few minutes have passed or they've calmed down I will go in & deal with whatever is their issue.
JordanCsMommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:45 PM
I guess its worse cause I don't know what his problem is!!! He just starting acting like this maybe 2 or 3 days ago. I don't know why and its driving me nuts.

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

I don't deal with temper tantrums well. So, I put them in a safe place (crib or bed), tell them "When you calm down we can talk" then leave the room. When a few minutes have passed or they've calmed down I will go in & deal with whatever is their issue.

JocelynMoods
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:52 PM
JocelynMoods
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:54 PM

He's only 8 months old. I don't think he would understand that...

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:54 PM

My 3 year old dd is the same way. She's the perfect toddler around other people but with me she's a damn dare devil lol.

JordanCsMommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:56 PM
Thank you so much! I will check them out. Please tell me this is normal and I haven't raised a monster lol.

Quoting JocelynMoods:

It sounds like just a little separation anxiety. Maybe these links will help...

http://www.babycenter.com/404_my-8-month-old-screams-to-get-my-attention-how-can-i-stop-th_6885.bc

http://www.easybabylife.com/fussy-8-month-old.html

art.diva
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:57 PM
Its most likely a phase, or growing pains. Don't worry, it will get worse at 3 and/or 4. Good luck!!
JordanCsMommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:58 PM
Omg seriously! Everyone is like you have such a happy and calm baby. I just smile, and in my head I'm thinking pshhhh if only you knew. He's crazy when he's with me!! :(

Quoting Anonymous:

My 3 year old dd is the same way. She's the perfect toddler around other people but with me she's a damn dare devil lol.

JordanCsMommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Lol thanks. It just feels horrible right now cause he can't tell me what's wrong! At least at that age they can talk lol.

Quoting art.diva:

Its most likely a phase, or growing pains. Don't worry, it will get worse at 3 and/or 4. Good luck!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:01 PM

I had that happen today. Dd was all calm and cool because we were in her favorite spot, Walmart lol. Then as we was walking out she was wanted to play with my phone. I said no and she just flipped out screaming and kicking me. Funny thing is, she waited til we got in the car to cut up. Kids are too smart in todays world. 

Quoting JordanCsMommy:

Omg seriously! Everyone is like you have such a happy and calm baby. I just smile, and in my head I'm thinking pshhhh if only you knew. He's crazy when he's with me!! :(

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured