Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

They grounded her from the trip so now we are out the money

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My 15 year old DD's BFF was going on a cruise with us for 7 days which well will be leaving for on Friday. We paid for the friend's cost because we knew her family probably couldn't afford it and it was worth it to us for DD to have someone to hang out with. Anyway, yesterday, the friends mom called and said that the friend was grounded and couldn't go with us! I reminded her that we have already paid her way and we can't get it refunded, nor is there time to ask anyone else to go. She flips out and says that she is her DD and if she says she can't go, she can't go. I said fine but since you said that she could, knowing that we would be spending a good deal of money for her to go, I will be expecting her to refund the money that we paid.

I am sorry but if you say your kid can go somewhere and you know the family she is going with is spending a good deal of money, I think it is wrong to ground her from going without offering to reimburse the family. She didn't say what she is grounded for, which isn't my business but it can't be anything really bad, she is a good kid.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Replies (101-102):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:04 PM
Well you were going to pay for her to go anyway... If she's a decent person she would pay you back but still...
spunky946
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Aw man, that sucks.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)