Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How much more do you owe on your mortgage?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Is your home still worth more than what you paid for it? Home prices are creeping up again.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:05 PM
Replies (71-80):
elitish
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:56 PM

I owe less than it's worth at least.

MsDenuninani
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:59 PM

House is worth 370K.

We owe 333K.

We bought it two years ago for 355K.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:00 PM
$0 paid cash for it and so far value has gone up
MommyAddie
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:11 PM
Not really. Why?

We remodeled out first home, increasing its value, paid it off with a large inheritance, sold it for more money than we paid for it and had enough money to buy a beautiful home in a desirable neighborhood.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you live in a cheap area or something??

Quoting MommyAddie:

None!!!! Yay! We paid off our old house with inheritance money, sold it for a profit and bought our new house without debt! Smartest thing we ever did.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:17 PM

We paid a llittle over 500k (3 yrs ago) in Jan it was in the high 600s. 

mom18103
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:19 PM

To much

IncognitoOne
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:20 PM

Where are you that they're creeping up? lol they're still dropping here :(

momof2boy2girl
by Valerie on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:21 PM

We bought our house at the right time and we have made a lot of good upgrades to it. Values are going up. I willnot discuss my finances. We just bought, so yes we still owe a bit. We could now sell it at a profit, though.

pregnancy

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:24 PM
Ahh yeah that might cause some problems! I am so thankful that me and DH are very much alike design wise! You never know though! I've been playing around with plans for my dream home since I started university!

Quoting Anonymous:

I am an intern architect ;-) but DH and I bought a house. I would love to design my own, but I think that it would cause a divorce because DH is a civil engineer, so our views on design are very different, haha! 

Quoting Anonymous:

I am an architect so I knew what I wanted! But we went around and looked at a few houses and just decided that building would be best for our family! There are a few options when building! Talking to a local contractor would be the best option to figure out how much things cost and what's a better option for you!

Quoting meg0620:

I want to build a house! Idk how all that works though. Lol. We're renting for now. But we want to build instead of buy.

Quoting Anonymous:

Building is the only way to go! I have my dream home for a lot less then what we would have paid for a brand new home that did not meet all of our expectations!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Same boat but our numbers aren't quite as high lol

Quoting Anonymous:

We built our house, paid about 350k$ and it was appraised at 575k! So we are definitely not underwater!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:25 PM

we owe about 106K and we are underwater...We live in an old neighborhood where most of the homes are in poor or decent condition and are rented out. Our house was lucky to have good people living in it in the past, and they didn't let it go to disrepair as a lot of the others home were...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)