Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Labor of Love A True Story of a Pregnant Man

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:06 PM
  • 67 Replies
I read this book yesterday. I know we shouldn't judge and all that matters is that they are good parents but I want a discussion on it any way. In the book a person was born female. However, she was attracted to women and always felt male. In her 20s she began taking testosterone and even had both breasts removed. She kept her vagina and all other female internal organs. This person then married a woman, bought sperm and gave birth. Thoughts?
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:08 PM
10 moms liked this

WTF Ever! I hate the term "pregnant man" because SHE IS A WOMAN IF SHE CAN HAVE A BABY.

MaNdYbEaR2010
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:10 PM
She's still a woman though. I mean, after you fix the junk "downstairs" you're a man. Until then, you're a woman. At least IMO it is.
meg0620
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Yea i think you have to have the surgery in order to become legally male, so if she kept her vagina then she only identifies as male, but isn't legally male.

Quoting Anonymous:

WTF Ever! I hate the term "pregnant man" because SHE IS A WOMAN IF SHE CAN HAVE A BABY.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:11 PM
Her wife is an abusive asshole. Saw video on tmz a long time ago.

I don't consider her a man because she isn't. You have a vagina and gave birth.
leksismommy
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:11 PM

I agree with anon, its not a man having a baby, its a chick with a vagina and a uterus that had a baby, but was considering herself a man. There is nothing wrond with his/her lifestyle, but it was not a MAN giving birth

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:12 PM

Can carry a baby? Woman all the way.

4kids4tara
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:12 PM

She was legally a man, though. Or IS legally a man. It was changed on his/her license, Social Security card, birth certificate and that is why they were legally allowed to marry in Hawaii. I am not making this up and this isn't my opinion. I agree with you ladies!!!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:13 PM
No matter what you call yourself at the end of the day you are still the gender that you where born. Any born female can have a baby to say you where a pregnant man is just silly.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:14 PM

This is not a man.  When she can grow balls, then she'll be a man.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Legal or not it don't make her a true man. It don't change the fact he was born female there for can have a baby.

Quoting 4kids4tara:

She was legally a man, though. Or IS legally a man. It was changed on his/her license, Social Security card, birth certificate and that is why they were legally allowed to marry in Hawaii. I am not making this up and this isn't my opinion. I agree with you ladies!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)