Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need advice please

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
I have a child starting school and I'm wondering what is the best time for homework. Right after school, after dinner? What seems to work the best?!
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
armywifey26
by Krissy on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:25 PM

We do it right when she gets home to get it over with. Then she will have the rest of the evening to do what she wants(after her chores of course). That seems to be what works best for us. 

KMadsen
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:28 PM
1 mom liked this

My daughter isn't old enough for school yet but when I was in elementary I would come home, have a snack, and do my homework. Then I had the rest of the evening to go to a friend's house, ride bikes, etc.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:30 PM
Thanks!

Quoting armywifey26:

We do it right when she gets home to get it over with. Then she will have the rest of the evening to do what she wants(after her chores of course). That seems to be what works best for us. 

buzybuzybee
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Right after school, that way the material learned is still fresh. Also it helps to get it out of the way.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:32 PM

I give the kids a snack then Homework. They can watch TV or play outside AFTER  ALL Homework is done

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Right when we walk in the door coming home from school.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:33 PM
My kids are exhausted after school. I let them play or relax on the couch for about an hour and then do it. They are also starving after school so I like to get the snack in first.

If they're actually retaining the information it wouldn't need to be fresh on their mind
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:22 PM
I figured first thing was best, but just wasn't sure if a break from school work was needed. I will try it out
jjames1990
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:23 PM
My kids did theirs in the morning before school. It worked for them. I started it because I just couldnt see them doing more work after sitting in class all day.
MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:31 PM
My rule has always been the minute they get home, they have to do homework. Then they can play.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)