• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just found out he is doing drugs!

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:28 PM
  • 24 Replies

So we let my 21yr old BIL move in with us for a few months to save money to get a new car and to get a better place.im ok with it until today.my husband told me yesterday that BIL failed a piss test for work (they work at the same place my dh is his boss) and that he is probably going to be fired (hubby thought it was just for pot but didnt know everything till today). 

So I was telling my SIL About it (BIL's twin sister) and she told me he has been doing coke as well for the last few weeks (that she knows of). I'm pissed we just let him move in with us and we have 3 kids.i want him out of my house I called my husband flipping out.i dot put up with drugs and I will not have someone who does them living in my house.but my husband is out of town till next week.ugh I don't even know what to do I don't want him in my house.but I want my DH to deal with it.WWYD would you tell him pack his shit and get out or let your DH deal with it

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Tell BIL to find another place to stay...........NOW

I wouldn't have a drug addict in my house either.

If he loses his job....things will start disappearing in your house.........

Babymama7710
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:33 PM

I'm just worried about confronting him because who knows what he will do and my husband is not here and I have 3 little kids

Quoting Sassy762:

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:34 PM

When is your DH coming back home??

Quoting Babymama7710:

I'm just worried about confronting him because who knows what he will do and my husband is not here and I have 3 little kids

Quoting Sassy762:

Babymama7710
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:35 PM

He thinks sometime next week but can't give me date because he is on a job

Quoting Sassy762:

Quoting Babymama7710:

Quoting Sassy762:

3JuJu3
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:36 PM

I would be pissed that he spent his money on coke instead of on the new car he was saving for.  Kick his ass to the curb as soon as you can.  Have another adult there with you when you do in case things get ugly.  Best of luck. 

casseopeia
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:37 PM

It depends.  I don't think the pot is so bad.  Coke is another story.  I probably would tell him to go to rehab, or move out, his choice.  If he chooses rehab, I start charging rent with the condition that he can have to whole thing back if he cleans up for 6 months and has a job.  Just put the rent into a savings account.  If he doesn't clean up, then you will keep the money.

Honestly some people have a little extra cash and use it to snort up their nose.  I had friends back in the 80's do that.

cfcf
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:37 PM
Wait until dh comes home just in case things get heated. Or, ask another family member to come over whike you confront him. Do it when your kids are not home.

Don't treat him like a dirtbag, (even if he is) just yet, just let him know you are not comfortable with this living situation any longer since you have children.
Babymama7710
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:37 PM

I'm so pissed he just moved in a few days ago but we made it clear upfront there will be nothing going on in our house but that fact that he is doing it then coming to my house with my kids or my gosh who knows if he is going to be doing it in my house.he has to go and I made that clear to my husband I don't care where he goes but it can't be here

Quoting 3JuJu3:

I would be pissed that he spent his money on coke instead of on the new car he was saving for.  Kick his ass to the curb as soon as you can.  Have another adult there with you when you do in case things get ugly.  Best of luck. 

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't have any other male relative that can come over and be there with you??? 

BTW......once  you get him out , you should change the locks on the house.

Quoting Babymama7710:

He thinks sometime next week but can't give me date because he is on a job

Quoting Sassy762:

Quoting Babymama7710:

Quoting Sassy762:

Babymama7710
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:38 PM

I don't care about the pot the deal was it can't do it at our house or around our house if he was going to smoke but the coke is a deal breaker for me and I want him out

Quoting casseopeia:

It depends.  I don't think the pot is so bad.  Coke is another story.  I probably would tell him to go to rehab, or move out, his choice.  If he chooses rehab, I start charging rent with the condition that he can have to whole thing back if he cleans up for 6 months and has a job.  Just put the rent into a savings account.  If he doesn't clean up, then you will keep the money.

Honestly some people have a little extra cash and use it to snort up their nose.  I had friends back in the 80's do that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)