• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does Anyone Else's Cat Do This?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

My cat does not touch the litter in his litter box.

Instead, he perches himself on the edges of the litter box.

So he literally has all 4 paws perched on the edges while he uses the bathroom. He does not cover up his mess either.

Does anyone else's cat do this or is my cat just a fucking weirdo? LMAO.

We got him from a shelter so who knows what kind of life he had previously. The box is plenty big. It's not even a real box-I bought an extra large long, not very deep tote to use as a litter box.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
asmalltowngirl
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:53 PM
Maybe it doesn't like the box. Idk. All cats are weird
malissaL
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:54 PM

my cat does that..he kicks litter all over the damn place digging  a giant hole,almost all the way to the bottom and whizzes in it  (perched on the side) or craps and doesn't cover it up when he is done.

Its my body and I'll do what I want to.

areles
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:01 PM

i've had several cats who did that.  some just hate the way the litter feels on their paws.

i also had one once who refused to use a box at all, after breaking his leg - while in a cast, he couldn't balance, and fell into his own mess a couple of times.  after that he just went wherever.  it was a nightmare, but i loved that damn cat.  

i also had one when i was a kid who trained himself to use the toilet.  seriously.  i miss that damn petey!  no litter box at all!

sugareemommee
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:04 PM
Mine don't. Is he/she declawed?

Or maybe he/she isn't a fan of the litter you're using.
Silent_Assassin
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:08 PM
Two of my cats are jackasses. One, the male kitten will shit and sometimes he steps in it while fleeing from the box, spraying shit and litter across the room. He doesn't bother to lick his own ass or clean his shitty paw so I have to throw him in the tub, which he really hates, to rinse him off. He yowls like I'm murdering him. My adult cat, she's 4, she will not bury her shit either and likes to pee right in the entrance of the box so it makes it hard to scope out. My female kitten seems to be the only one who buries everything and isn't a slob but she makes up for it by acting psycho. My adult cat isn't a slob either but nobody likes to smell unburied cat shit...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)