Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

what would you do??? fair or not!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
So dh just called me and said let's take off to the ocean this weekend!!! So we decided to go Sunday...I am so excited cause I have wanted to go for a long time now!!!

Ok so here is the issue we have at hand...we have three kids 13, 10 ds and 6 dd...the 10 ds is at my parents house till Monday...which is 45 minutes out of the way heading to the ocean which is already 2.5 hours from where we live...do we not take him with us since he is already at my parents for the week or do we drive the extra 45 minutes to pick him up? Meaning it will take over 3 hours to get to the ocean...
Just to add if it makes a difference he is afraid of water and will spend most of the day on the sand meaning one of us at all times will have to be on the beach with him...

What would you do?

Edit...I know he will want to go just because the other kids are going...however I also know he will just sit on the beach all day and do nothing..I know this cause he already went once this summer already with my Mom...he would not even go near the water
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:15 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:18 PM
Bump
sarah824
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:19 PM

I would start by calling your son and seeing what he wants to do.

justpeachy71904
by peachy on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:19 PM
If he doesn't like the water... Leave him. I mean call and ask if he wants to go and if he will most likely say no then leave him there!
Jessicamarquez
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:19 PM
Id let him no and ask him if he like to go or not out of courtesy he might rather stay at grandmas house if he doesn't like water
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:22 PM
I know he will want to go just because the other kids are going...however I also know he will just sit on the beach and do nothing all day...I know this cause he already went to the ocean with my Mom this year

Quoting Jessicamarquez:

Id let him no and ask him if he like to go or not out of courtesy he might rather stay at grandmas house if he doesn't like water

ILoveBeingAMom1
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:23 PM

You should call and ask if he wants to go with you or stay with his grandparents. If you give him the option he has no reason to get upset. He would probably be hurt you didn't even bother to ask when he finds out after the fact. I say when instead of if because I know how well a 6 yo can keep their mouths shut about anything. LOL!

firefly
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:23 PM

Call DS, see what he wants to do.  Odds are if he's scared of the water and/or having too much fun with the grandparents, he may want to stay where he is.

Jessicamarquez
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:24 PM
Well tell him he needs to try to conquer his fear, be honest that it wouldn't be much fun holding you or dad back from playing in the water. I think he's old enough to handle the truth. He'd realize maybe its better to stay if I'm not ready for water or who knows he might go into the water if those are the choices. You either swim or don't.

Quoting Anonymous:

I know he will want to go just because the other kids are going...however I also know he will just sit on the beach and do nothing all day...I know this cause he already went to the ocean with my Mom this year

Quoting Jessicamarquez:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:27 PM
When my mom took him he refused to even go near the water the whole time and they had to sit far away from the water so he wouldn't be scared

Quoting Jessicamarquez:

Well tell him he needs to try to conquer his fear, be honest that it wouldn't be much fun holding you or dad back from playing in the water. I think he's old enough to handle the truth. He'd realize maybe its better to stay if I'm not ready for water or who knows he might go into the water if those are the choices. You either swim or don't.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Jessicamarquez:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)