Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

what would you do??? fair or not!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
So dh just called me and said let's take off to the ocean this weekend!!! So we decided to go Sunday...I am so excited cause I have wanted to go for a long time now!!!

Ok so here is the issue we have at hand...we have three kids 13, 10 ds and 6 dd...the 10 ds is at my parents house till Monday...which is 45 minutes out of the way heading to the ocean which is already 2.5 hours from where we live...do we not take him with us since he is already at my parents for the week or do we drive the extra 45 minutes to pick him up? Meaning it will take over 3 hours to get to the ocean...
Just to add if it makes a difference he is afraid of water and will spend most of the day on the sand meaning one of us at all times will have to be on the beach with him...

What would you do?

Edit...I know he will want to go just because the other kids are going...however I also know he will just sit on the beach all day and do nothing..I know this cause he already went once this summer already with my Mom...he would not even go near the water
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Replies (21-22):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:52 PM
Yes he will play in the sand...what makes it a big deal to take turns is he won't even sit near the water...So that means I can't even have him play near the water while I take pics...it means we can't walk the beach together unless far away from the water and it also means him complaining he is bored and wants to go walk the stores which we don't have money for...if he would sit or at least be near the water it wouldn't be a big deal...

Quoting MooseMomma:

I love going to the beach and I don't go in the water. Is it really a huge deal to take turns sitting on the beach with him? Will he play in the sand?

MooseMomma
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:53 PM
Guess you leave him out then. Sucks. Seems like a lose lose situation.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes he will play in the sand...what makes it a big deal to take turns is he won't even sit near the water...So that means I can't even have him play near the water while I take pics...it means we can't walk the beach together unless far away from the water and it also means him complaining he is bored and wants to go walk the stores which we don't have money for...if he would sit or at least be near the water it wouldn't be a big deal...

Quoting MooseMomma:

I love going to the beach and I don't go in the water. Is it really a huge deal to take turns sitting on the beach with him? Will he play in the sand?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)