Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can Too Much Sleep For My 1 Yr Old Cause Health Problems?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1 Replies
Hi ladies! Its been a little while since I've posted anything on here.
So here's a post. I was wondering if my 1 year old sleeps way to long. Since he was about 8 months he will sleep from 9:30pm to anywhere between 10am and 11am. Sometimes he will even sleep from 9:30pm to almost 12pm in the afternoon! Last night I worked and when I got him from the babysitter he didn't get into bed till 11pm and he slept till 12pm in the afternoon. He takes one nap during the day For 1 to 2 hours. Is this too much sleep for him every day? Can this cause any health problems because he is not more awake?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
itsm3
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:47 PM

NO.

babies need a lot of sleep.  at that age, they need about 14-16hrs of sleep in a 24hr period.  some kids need less and some need more but this is a healthy range.

my dd is 5 and she needs about 11-12hrs of sleep per 24hr period.  when she was younger, she needed more but as they get older, they start to need a little less sleep and begin to consolidate their sleep at night (when they start dropping naps).

never wake baby if they're sleeping; unless they're napping at a weird time and it'll ruin bedtime but if he's on a good schedule and he's happy and healthy, then go with it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)