Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I got called selfish.....

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:15 PM
  • 24 Replies
Was at Walmart looking at potatoes and had both my boys with me. A lady walked up and told me I was selfish for have another baby having one with Down Syndrome. That my boys I have now need all my attention and time. I shouldn't have more having one with all these needs. I looked at her told her that was her opinion and it was just like butt holes. Everyone has one and sometimes they stink. It took all I had not to say something worse but I had the boys with me and wasn't gonna say anything worse.

We waited til Josephs health was good and he was doing so well before we even talked about having more. He is 6 now and he is in great health and doing amazing in school. So we decided to have another. I don't see anything wrong with that. He is really excited to have a baby brother. He is amazing with new borns. So easy and safe around them .

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CeeGee81
by CanadaGirl on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:39 PM
4 moms liked this

I really have a hard time believing that random strangers just come up to people and say these things.....this only ever happens to people on CM.....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:44 PM
It seems to be that way, whip in their right mind would approach a stranger like that, it makes no sense.

Quoting CeeGee81:

I really have a hard time believing that random strangers just come up to people and say these things.....this only ever happens to people on CM.....

Foleygirl24
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:45 PM

I have a friend with a child with DS, she has people coming up to her all the time and saying dumb/mean shit. I don't get it, especially since most of the comments and looks she gets are directed at the child, like she could help being born with DS. People are ignorant assholes.

amy1will
by Amethyst on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:03 PM
Yea it is really hurtful and mean. This isn't the first time this has happened. I have left the store crying one time because of a old lady saying things. Its horrible.

Quoting Foleygirl24:

I have a friend with a child with DS, she has people coming up to her all the time and saying dumb/mean shit. I don't get it, especially since most of the comments and looks she gets are directed at the child, like she could help being born with DS. People are ignorant assholes.

QuirkyMom26
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:04 PM
1 mom liked this

In all of my 9 years of being a mom and out in public, not once has anyone said something so stupid to me before.  I too have a hard time believing some random person would just walk up to you and say something like this. Smh.

Foleygirl24
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:29 PM

Believe it, the same thing happens to a friend of mine with a DS daughter all the time.

Quoting QuirkyMom26:

In all of my 9 years of being a mom and out in public, not once has anyone said something so stupid to me before.  I too have a hard time believing some random person would just walk up to you and say something like this. Smh.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:31 PM
I'm seriously amazed at all these outspoken people women on CM encounter...
tardistraveller
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:32 PM

Looks like that lady needed a good does of "shut the fuck up and mind your own damn business"

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:34 PM

I probably would of threw a potato at her and told her to mind her own business.

Last time i checked strangers didn't have a say on how many kids you can have ._.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:39 PM
I have a friend with a child who has ds. She gets it all the time. I dont understand it. I was with her one time when a lady was talking about my friends dd, saying stuff like how could someone even have a child like and other things. I got pissed and laid in to the lady.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)