Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

can breast feeding make you emotional?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
I am on day 5 of breast feeding my new son and I'm a wreck. I cry over EVERYTHING, I'm always yelling at my older two for things I'd usually handle with more tact. I'm not depressed just stupid little things make me cry. I wonder how in the hell women do this if this is how I'm going to be. I feel like I've no control over my emotions at all. I feel bad for my kids because I am always yelling and not realize it was an overreaction until afterwards. Someone help?!
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
CorCrox
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:58 PM
I was SOOOO EMOTIONAL after my son was born for a few weeks. I attributed it to hormones and lack of sleep. But I also know that breastfeeding does have an effect on your hormones, so that. Is this the first baby you've nursed?
CB3arr
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:58 PM

I think thats just normal post pregnancy life.  You've still got crazy hormones in your body and you're sleep deprived.  Its gets better-trust me!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:25 PM

It is a hormone thing it has nothing to do with breastfeeding as I was the same way both times, and one kid I am BF and the other I Formula fed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:26 PM
That just sounds like baby blues. Bfing can actually counter act it
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:02 PM
I never experienced this with my first two. I didn't bf them. I'm not a cryer... that makes it worse.. I hope it gets better soon.
TurtleMomma82
by Barbie on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:04 PM

It's normal post partum hormones

Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:09 PM

Sounds like baby blues to me. Which doesn't happen every time. I had it with my first for a couple of days and my third for two weeks. My second I went right to post partum depression.

Take some breaths. Applogize for what you have done and if you are concerned it never hurts to talk to your Dr. especially if it goes on to long.

PookiePanda
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:10 PM

It's just bc you just had a baby.. It'll go away.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)