• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Calling all successful VBAC moms.... ***UPDATED***

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:02 PM
  • 8 Replies

We are currently TTC and would like advice on what questions to ask the Dr.s about VCACs. I am going with a different Dr. this time and have 2 in mind, but I need help with what questions to ask.

I am now 5 weeks pregnant (for those wondering my son was in between 21-22 months when I conceived), I had an initial visit at the new dr's office, but it was only labs. I meet with the dr herself in about 2 weeks and want to make sure there aren't any other important VBAC questions I need to have prepared... Thank you for all the helpful suggestions so far

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ktwister
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:11 PM

What are your thoughts about going past 40wks?

What are your thoughs about a having a VBAC with a "big baby"?

When would you recommend induction?

What is your view on how long to allow labor to continue before recommending a c-section?

What are your thoughts on trying different to positions for birth?

momof2boy2girl
by Valerie on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:19 PM

I am sticking with my midwife. I asked her and she felt I was a great candidate before I got pregnant. Be sure to be realistic. If for some reason they feel it is not safe or right for you, listen to why they say it and get a second opinion if you aren't sure. Good luck.

pregnancy

beauty1889
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:36 AM

BUMP!

beauty1889
by on Aug. 10, 2013 at 2:06 PM

BUMP!

kimsamomof3
by Member on Aug. 10, 2013 at 2:19 PM
If you are delivering at a hospital you need to check their policy first. My second was a vbac. When I was pregnant with my third (same doctor same hospital) I had to have a c-section per hospital policy.
beauty1889
by on Jan. 20, 2014 at 10:39 AM

bump

fivekids2220
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 10:50 AM

One thing that always stuck in my memory.  My neighbor and I had our boys at the same time.  She had a c-section, I had a vaginal delivery.  With our second babies, we were again pregnant at the same time.  She went for a VBAC and ended up having a emergency hysterectomy as a result of the initial incision tearing while she was pushing.  She had wanted a large family and was devastated that her decision to go with the VBAC cost her the ability to do that.  I had never known that this was a possibility, and I'm pretty sure she did not understand either at the time.  I don't think this is very common, but if I thought that I might jeapordize my ability to carry another child, it might make me think twice about a VBAC.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 20, 2014 at 10:56 AM

Just ask what their policies are on vbacs and know that you might have to have a c-section.  When I had mine my dr wanted me to have a c-section and I told him I wanted to try a vbac.  I said I wouldn't put our health at risk and would do a c-section if I had to, but I wanted a chance to try.  If so many other women weren't having babies the same day I did he would've tried to make me for no reason.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)