Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you clean up a full bottle of laundry detergent on the bathroom floor?

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:29 PM
  • 24 Replies
Would towels or paper towels be a better choice and what about the residue? A wet rag or what?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
casah4
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:30 PM

With a dry towel!  Finish with a mop to get up the residue.

3JuJu3
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:30 PM

I would use towels (dirty towels would be better so you can save some $).  Do you mean the residue on the floor?  If you clean it up and wipe it down entirely there shouldn't be any, assuming you have some kind of hard surface on your bathroom floor. 

KGreen75
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:31 PM
With a squigee and vinegar.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyziegler
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:31 PM
Use towels or clothes that need washing and clean it up that way and throw them all in the washing machine when done! Oh and then mop the floor when its all up!
MooseMomma
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:33 PM
I did that once. Used my dirty towels then threw them in the washer. It was the high concentrated front loader soap so I had to rinse them about a thousand times.
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I use the dust pan for the broom and a cloth to scoop up any liquids that I spill, so much easier. Then just rinse, rinse, rinse until the floor is clean. Take a mop and use it as an opportunity to clean all of the floors :)

Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:36 PM
Ok now my problem is it was the entire bottle of ALL detergent and my washer is an HE washer. Even though the detergent is for HE am I going to have problems?

Quoting casah4:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:38 PM
What's HE?

Quoting Roxygurl:

Ok now my problem is it was the entire bottle of ALL detergent and my washer is an HE washer. Even though the detergent is for HE am I going to have problems?

Quoting casah4:

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:39 PM

Use a dirty towl or clothing and then when you wash the clothes, make sure you put the towel/clothes that soaked up the laundry detergent in the washer 

ktwister
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I would add flour to it and make a paste out of it, then just scoop into a dust pan and dump in a trash bag.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)