Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Needing help! *Losing weight issue*

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:55 PM
  • 14 Replies

What do you all do to keep you motivated to lose weight? I can't go out to a gym or anything and I have a loose shoulder and a bad knee that keeps me in pain if I do too much but I know I have to if I want to get to my goal.. but it's mentally hard on me. 

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2the.rescue
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Usually just doing a few crunches or push ups helps keep me motivated.  GL

KnittinMama
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:57 PM
2 moms liked this
500lb women in bikinis.
FullTimeMom1012
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:57 PM

Well, I put myself on a 1,400 cal diet to make up for some of the exersize that I cannot do.. So, I'm hoping that'll help. I also have 2 toddlers who keep me running around. haha

-42-
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:59 PM
I walk 5 miles nearly every morning. It's my 'me' time, but I also bribe myself by putting new songs on my mp3 player that I'm only 'allowed' to listen to while working out.

I also have an elliptical for when the weather is bad. I pick a show on Netflix and can only watch it while on the elliptical.

I have a wonky knee and walking has helped a lot with it.
Ali5683
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:59 PM

I workout at a bootcamp class 5 days a week at 5:30 am. It works!!

FullTimeMom1012
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:19 PM

I would LOVE to go walking/jogging but I don't have anyone to keep my girls while I go and DH is on his feet all and it is wore out by the time he gets home. I do kinda "Pace around" the apartment a lot. Haha

Quoting -42-:

I walk 5 miles nearly every morning. It's my 'me' time, but I also bribe myself by putting new songs on my mp3 player that I'm only 'allowed' to listen to while working out.

I also have an elliptical for when the weather is bad. I pick a show on Netflix and can only watch it while on the elliptical.

team_porculoon
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I started with diet.  I cut out the vices like breads and sugars and weight started to come off.  I started eating better - lean proteins and green leafy veggies, fruits, a lot of water... and 19 months, 9 pants sizes, and 120 pounds later, I am a whole lot healthier and in a normal weight range :)

I also started jogging too, about 20 pounds ago and that helped shed the rest.  I'd still like to lose another 10, though.

-42-
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:23 PM
How old are they? Jogging strollers are awesome!

Luckily, mine are old enough to pretty much take care of themselves now. I go early in the morning while everyone else is asleep. And when school starts, I walk the youngest to school.....but it's right next to the park where I walk! I hate our apartment but love the location, lol.

Quoting FullTimeMom1012:

I would LOVE to go walking/jogging but I don't have anyone to keep my girls while I go and DH is on his feet all and it is wore out by the time he gets home. I do kinda "Pace around" the apartment a lot. Haha

Quoting -42-:

JackieGirl007
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:25 PM

Ugh. I am not motivated at all right now. I have gained about 10 lbs since last year and I know I could get it off super easy if I just tried. I wake up every day and say I'm going to eat healthy but I never do. I'm so sick of myself right now, lol.

Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:25 PM

I do a walking on YouTube for when it is cold or raining out. Get out for walks and build myself from there on what I feel I can do. Eating right (watching what I eat and how much) and walking.

You don't have to start out on long walks. 10 mins a day and add more as time goes on. Sometimes that is all I can get in. but 10 mins is better then nothing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN