Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ew, look at that fat baby!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 58 Replies
I took DD to the doctor today for her 5 yr appointment and the doctor said that I needed to watch what she ate because she was putting on weight. I saw the paperwork and had her BMI in the "overweight" range. DD is 41.5 inches tall and 41 pounds. She isn't chunky at all and is very active. How tall is your 5 yr old and how much does he/she weigh?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sarahbearamommy
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:00 PM

my 6yo son is 45lbs and 45" tall.. i dont think she sounds overweight at all.. in fact, it sounds pretty normal.  

ETA* He checked out in around the 60th percentile for weight and a little higher for heighth from what i recall at his 5yr checkup.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:00 PM

thats not overweight at all! my almost 5 year old is a giant and severely overweight, shes not five for 2 months and shes already almost 46 inches tall and over 60 pounds(yes i know thats way too much)  yours sounds perfectly normal

TurtleMomma82
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:02 PM

My 5 year old dd is 46 lbs and 45 inches tall.  Her dr said nothing about her weight.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:02 PM

I'm actually glad that she has gotten this "big". She was 7.5 at birth, 15 lbs at 1 yr old, and was still in the mid 20's at 2. I think at 4 she was maybe 34 or 36 pounds. 

dlnimo
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:02 PM
Mine is 44 inches and 48 pounds. She is in the 95 percentile for weight.
PinkHart
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:03 PM
At 5 she was 28 lbs, 37 inches
ilovemykids323
by Emerald Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:03 PM

id get a new dr. mine was 44lbs and 43 inches

SpnFulOfSugar
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

My 60lbs 5 year old. I don't worry about my kids weight. They eat healthy and get tons of exercise. My son is considered obese yet has a 6 pack lol
robibuni
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:08 PM
My 4 year old DD is 53 lbs and 44" tall. According to her BMI, she's obese. I don't see it. Either way, we offer healthy foods (we just don't keep junk in the house as an option, period), and make sure she gets plenty of playtime :)

If you're doing the right thing by her, she'll be the size she was meant to be.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:09 PM

out of curiousity how tall is he( he doesnt look obese) my child is also 60 pounds and considered obese but shes very tall

Quoting SpnFulOfSugar:

Mobile Photo

My 60lbs 5 year old. I don't worry about my kids weight. They eat healthy and get tons of exercise. My son is considered obese yet has a 6 pack lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)