Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How many languages do you know?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

What's your first language and where did you learn the others?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:07 PM

bump

Sekirei
by LoKitty on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:07 PM

one fluently (english)

and then I know bits of three others. (French, Japanese and German) 

School (F) and the other two I am teaching myself

TeamTARDIS
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:07 PM
English is my first language French is my second. I learned French through tutors and in school.
My dh knows English, Gaelic, French and some German.
MomToDarienne
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:09 PM

Greek is my first. I learned English through television and school. I know a bit of French.

Anouck
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:20 PM

My first language is Dutch. In the Netherlands, we have 4 levels of high school. I went to the highest level, and we were required to take 6 years of Dutch and English, and between German and French, we had to take 6 years of one, and 4 years of the other. We had to be fluent both orally and in writing.

I haven't used my German or French in at least 2 decades, so I wouldn't consider myself fluent in those anymore. I am still fluent in Dutch and English.

MommaGirl1207
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 7:37 AM
I know 2 1/2 languages.

English is my 1st language.

Urdu [language that Muslims from India & Pakistan (dad was born in India & came here to America in the early 70s) speak] is my 2nd.

Spanish is my 1/2 language. I understand a lot more Spanish than what I'm able to speak. I know enough Spanish to be able to ask basic questions and to be able to communicate basic thoughts. I
beeky
by Silver Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 7:42 AM

English is my first language and I know some french which I learned in school and growing up in Montreal.

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Aug. 1, 2013 at 7:43 AM

American English (my first of course), and a little bit of Spanish (high school).

harpsichord
by Helena Handbasket on Aug. 1, 2013 at 7:43 AM
English is my first language. I'm learning Chinese. I can order food and correctly identify various family members (sister, mother, etc) and I know lots of random words, too. I only know a few characters though. I understand more every day.
ChandraSeay
by Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 7:44 AM
I am fluent in English. I know a good bit of Spanish and French and a little Korean.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured