Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My sister is an idiot.

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:19 PM
  • 36 Replies
My sister is 19, she'll be 20 in august. She has a beautiful little boy who will be 2 in September. She's been in an abusive relationship for almost a year, and she came home! I was so flippin happy..then, yesterday evening, she goes back to the guys house and makes up with him. This guy has slammed her up against walls, given her black eyes, tried shaving her head because 'nobody wants a bald whore.' He's hung her off a balcony by her foot, threatening to kill her. He's RAPED her. And all of this happens while my beautiful nephew watches. CPS has been called numerous times, and nothing has been done. I'm tired of worrying. Maybe it would be best if CPS took my nephew away from her.
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nerdymom28
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry...there isn't a lot you can do in that situation, though. She won't listen. Hopefully she'll come to her senses before it's too late.

DarksMama
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Just keep reporting to CPS...eventually they have to do SOMETHING. Hopefully before he turns his attention to the baby

Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Some never learning. My baby sister had been making the same mistake for 7 years and it got to a point we had to not have her in our life anymore. But she is the one hurting herself and her little one was taken away after she had him and she keeps saying she is going to get better and take care of him. I do feel sad because she did have him up for adoption and the family was ready and last min she decided that her grandmother would take him. Well grandma can't do it anymore and he has been in foster care. I so wish I could take him and give him a steady home life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:23 PM
:-( you're nephew will grow up thinking that is the standard for treating women.
Kellyjude1
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Continue to call CPS. Is there anyone in your family that can step in and take this little boy if CPS would have him removed? Please no matter what talk to your sister she may not listen however let her know you will be there for her always. Even though she has made the decision to go back to him knowing she has you if or when she needs you she may one day reach out. If CPS is not doing anything and you know abuse is going on and your sister has proof on her then notify the police see what they can do.  Do not give up.  Your nephew needs to be protected and he should never be seeing any of this.  I hope for your nephew's sake someone steps in and protects him.

gwen2013
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:36 PM

Quoting Kellyjude1:

Continue to call CPS. Is there anyone in your family that can step in and take this little boy if CPS would have him removed? Please no matter what talk to your sister she may not listen however let her know you will be there for her always. Even though she has made the decision to go back to him knowing she has you if or when she needs you she may one day reach out. If CPS is not doing anything and you know abuse is going on and your sister has proof on her then notify the police see what they can do.  Do not give up.  Your nephew needs to be protected and he should never be seeing any of this.  I hope for your nephew's sake someone steps in and protects him.

Me and dh has talked about it, and if we had to, we would take him in a heartbeat. I have a 4 m.o. dd, and I can't stand the thought of a mother not having their baby. She's a great mom when he's not around, my nephew is VERY smart. I've always told her that I'm here for her. I don't scream and preach at her like the rest of the family, so she knows I'm here if she needs me. I just don't want to be taken advantage of. Her and her boyfriend was on meth for 6 months, so I took my nephew with me. I stayed down at my mom's in the same county with him for 3 months, then I brought him home with me to where I live. All of this while I was pregnant. I don't know what to do anymore.
Kellyjude1
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:21 PM
That is wonderful that you would step in if needed for your nephew. I do not understand why CPS is not doing anything if domestic violence is evident in this case. It is good that your sister knows she can turn to you if God forbid she needs someone. I cannot imagine what you must be going through knowing this is all going on in front of your nephew. This has to be effecting him and its not good. CPS needs to step in the sooner the better. I hope your sister gets help or gets away from this guy.
gwen2013
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Quoting Kellyjude1:

That is wonderful that you would step in if needed for your nephew. I do not understand why CPS is not doing anything if domestic violence is evident in this case. It is good that your sister knows she can turn to you if God forbid she needs someone. I cannot imagine what you must be going through knowing this is all going on in front of your nephew. This has to be effecting him and its not good. CPS needs to step in the sooner the better. I hope your sister gets help or gets away from this guy.

CPS won't do anything because they both put on this front that everything is okay. She denys that he beats her every time someone asks her if she's okay if he's listening. I wish this guy would eat rat poison for breakfast.
threenorns
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 10:11 AM

sometimes that IS the best option.

aphrodite7400
by Silver Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 10:11 AM

he will eventually kill her or the child, if she doesnt get out......

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)