Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A man here stabbed his 9 month pregnant girlfriend in the stomach...who does this!

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:27 PM
  • 24 Replies

He stabbed through her stomach and into the baby. They said on the news that the baby is recovering, as well as the woman.

Here is a link to the story"

http://www.ky3.com/news/ky3-pregnant-woman-delivers-injured-baby-after-stabbing-attack-20130731,0,3905387.story?track=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

WAYNESVILLE, Mo. -- A woman and her newborn baby are recovering in a hospital after both were injured in a stabbing attack.  The victim was in her ninth month of pregnancy.

It happened on Wednesday morning at the Road Ranger Truck Stop in St. Robert.

According to the Pulaski Co. Sheriff's Dept., the woman and a male acquaintance were involved in a dispute in the parking lot of the truck stop.  The man stabbed the woman in her stomach. She was taken to a hospital, where the baby was delivered by cesarean section and also treated for a stab wound.

Both the mother and the baby are recovering and are reportedly doing well.

The suspect, 28 year old Mark A. Downing, was arrested shortly after a brief struggle with deputies.    Downing is currently being held in the Pulaski Co. Jail and charged with first-degree assault.  His bond has been set at $1,000,000

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Crymsm
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:28 PM
Holy shit. ..
cjsix
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:30 PM

I hope they recover alright. I also hope that justice is served.

babie113
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:30 PM

:( oh man this is pretty local to me .thats awful

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:32 PM

i wonder what he said when he was caught, theres pretty much no excuse for what he did and he should be hung by his toes. 

opal10161973
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:32 PM

First degree assault?  That's it?  He should be charged with Attempted Murder, IMO.

Anouck
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:35 PM

That's just horrible... I hope they put him away for a good long time. And that both the mom and baby fully recover.

Anonandon
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm with you. What a disgusting piece of trash.

Quoting opal10161973:

First degree assault?  That's it?  He should be charged with Attempted Murder, IMO.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maks1mommy
by Emerald Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:37 PM

What an ass fuck. I hope they make it!

SerenityBerry
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:40 PM

I am glad both mom and baby are survived, what an ass. 

ahappymommy
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:41 PM

I know, thats what I thought, thats whats wrong around here, you can get away with anything if your are the right person, or if you pay off the sheriff!

Quoting opal10161973:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)