Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you wear second hand clothes?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 75 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you wear second hand clothes

Options:

Never

Sometimes I borrow some

Sometimes I buy some

I`d like to, but I`m ashamed to enter a second hand clothes store

I have some

All my clothes are second hand

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 134

View Results

I`ve found this store where you could buy branded clothes for several dollars. The only problem is that they have been worn by somebody else before. Today I bought 3 dresses for 20 bucks, if new I`d have to pay more than 500. I feel that I`m already obssessed by the second hand mania. Tomorrow I`m going again. And I will not confess to anyone where I do my shopping. Do you find it nasty?   

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:30 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:32 PM
1 mom liked this
I get a lot of clothes from my sister. I know she's clean so it doesn't gross me out.
Gingerbell.RN
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:33 PM
We do 80% of our shopping at thrift stores. We will buy clearanced out items occasionally.

I only buy 1 new pair of jeans for myself and I will wear them until I need new ones. As long as I'm dressed and they look nice I don't get all crazy about brands.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I buy most of my clothes from thrift stores and I don't feel one bit sorry for it. I clean everything I buy before I wear it, so I'm not worried.

fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:34 PM

No but my kids do.  Second hand stores just don't have my style and no one gives me hand me downs. 

orliesmom
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:34 PM

Not if you find a good thrift store. I know several that sell very lightly used clothing practically new and they wash everything before hand you will rarely find anything wrong with them.

I also trade clothes with several family members as well. my little sister, my SIL, even my aunt

La_Vie_en_R0se
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:35 PM
No, lol. Sometimes I buy second hand, other times I don't. I dont usually go in the stores unless I have something to sell, but of something catches my eye for my children or I, I will buy it. Not shoes though or personal items like bathing suits.
QuirkyMom26
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:35 PM

Yep.  I don't consider myself " too good for 2nd hand clothes " I find it pretty awesome considering the money you can be saving.  I buy mostly for the kids because I can never find anything for myself, however.

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:35 PM

i have a lot of hand me down clothes...i didn't buy them, they were given to me.  the main reason i wear them is because i just poot around the house all day, so wearing pink & orange plaid shorts isn't a big deal (yes, someone really gave me a pair of pink & orange plaid shorts!!).  if i have to go somewhere, i will wear clothes that i bought new.

LadyDeathstrike
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:36 PM

I don't personally, but I don't think it is nasty for others to wear them. If I did buy second hand or when I had maternity clothes handed down to me I washed them first. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)