Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do I take (when someone dies)

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:40 PM
  • 13 Replies

My s/o's dad is going to pass any time now. Please don't bash, yes this is true based on what the drs had said, not me guessing or assuming.

of course I will be going to the family house soon. What do I take for when I go? I don't cook so taking a meal is not an option. Flowers aren't needed as they have flowers everywhere outside their house (s/o's dad use to own a nursery and has things planted everywhere literally,lol! )

i feel like I should show up with something! 

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GreenEyePixie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:42 PM
Maybe take a a favorite picture of him with a poem or the memory that this picture reminds you of written on the back of the frame.

You really don't have to bring anything, your presence is all the is needed.

Sorry I read it as your dad, not your SO's dad. Maybe bring a demo tray or a salad?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:44 PM
Anything to make it easier. They are probably inundated with food.

A nice picture frame, or something would be good.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:44 PM
1 mom liked this
You can buy a fruit or veggie tray, or crackers cheese & pepperoni. Chips & dip or something to drink. Nothing big, just something to snack on as the family remembers him.
lovemymichael
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:46 PM

You can order something from edible arrangements.  A snack that guests can pick from.

bunnyxlover
by hippity hop on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:46 PM

can you bake something?

LadyAmaranth
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:47 PM

Take yourself. They don't need more than that right now.

Be there with loving, helpful hands. With ears open to listen, shoulders to lay on and hands to hold.

WarriorMum
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Are they religious? If they are, take a Mass Card with you.
If not, take cookies or cake that you can buy in the store with you.Or practical items such a coffee and tea, milk and sugar or even loo roll.

BamaRose61
by Crazy Goat Lady on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:52 PM
3 moms liked this

Well being you are probably considered family, you would not be expected to bring anything.  But if you feel you must, disposable cups, plates and napkins would come in handy. Also help out by writing down who brings what as far as food, washing out dishes that need to be returned and any other clean up chores will be a big help.

KGreen75
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:53 PM
Stop at a restaraunt that everyone likes and order enough appetizers for everyone and take a good bottle of wine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyfry7496
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:54 PM
This is perfct

Quoting BamaRose61:

Well being you are probably considered family, you would not be expected to bring anything.  But if you feel you must, disposable cups, plates and napkins would come in handy. Also help out by writing down who brings what as far as food, washing out dishes that need to be returned and any other clean up chores will be a big help.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)