Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hubby wants me and our 4 yr old son to come pick him up at midnight I don't like driving that late scared of drunks

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
Hubby and I are sharing a car for the next 6 months until his parents buy a car and give us there's. he works late at a restaurant less than 10 min from our home. Usually the 2 days he closes he takes the car but sometimes other things come up that I have to have the car. Sometimes hubby's friend who works there will take him home or hubby will have to spend $25 for a cab.

I know I can't stay in a bubble but I hate dragging my 4 yr old putting him in the car at midnight and driving to get him. A month ago I went to pick up hubby at midnight and I had a green light but I saw out of the corner of my eye another car that looked like he wasn't going to stop and he didn't he blew through his light and kept going while I was shaking.

Hubby is like come get me tonight because I had to take the car for errands and his friend can't pick him up.. What should I do? Oh and we have zero family here and no one who can watch our son at midnight.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
12345abcde54321
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:44 PM

i think you'll be ok. just be aware.

QuirkyMom26
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:45 PM

It's 10 minutes away.  How hard can that be?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:45 PM
Pick him up and just be careful.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Drunks come out more at 2am when the bars close. I use to have to pick DH up at midnight, for three years!! It sucks but you gotta do it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:46 PM
1 mom liked this

time to put on your big girl panties and act like a woman, not a scared little girl

Jennyanne322
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:46 PM
So drive carefully. Drunks at midnight is the last thing on my mind at midnight.
aprilsalcro
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:46 PM
Really. Suck it up and drive shm
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2ltlmonkeyz
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:47 PM
You shouldnt worry about drunks until the bars close. I am not saying drunks are not on the road at that hr its just the night is just starting at 12
KGreen75
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:47 PM
Go pick your husband up. If you have the car and he has no way to get home, it's your responsibility to go pick him up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rachellaree20
by Rachel on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:47 PM

Pick him up and be very mindful of people around you.  Driving is a huge, anxiety-producing task for me no matter what time it is, so I understand but it's something in this case you'll probably have to start getting used to.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)