• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We have a puppy and a baby tiger **pics

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:58 PM
  • 8 Replies

Mobile Photo

My daughter is 16 months old.

These are her "pets".

The puppy is Spot, the tiger is Spet.

She takes them everywhere. Shows them to everyone. Sleeps with them. And tries to give them food and drinks. It took two hours to scrub chocolate off of spot.

We also have a newly acquired blue monkey named "Monkey".

She takes him all over the place too.
Even the bathroom.
She'll make him wait on the sink while she potties.

She sleeps with all three at night.

She asks for them.

She puts spot next to her, and Spet and Monkey in type corner....

So....am I the only one who on a daily basis pretends stuffed animals are real pets in order to make my daughter happy?
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
bakerytreatz16
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Mobile Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:01 PM

I had to pretend a Thomas the Tank engine was my son's sister for like 8 months....Until he got the real sister.  I still have that damn train tucked into a drawer!

-42-
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:02 PM
We have Timothy the Tiger, his dad Gandalf the White(white tiger), and Timothy's adopted brother Dolphin.

Oh, and Marley the Pillow Pet.....named after 'we're marley and marley...wOoOo' on the muppets Christmas carol.
bakerytreatz16
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:02 PM

Mobile Photo

She has decided that monkey needs diapers. She brings me monkey, a diaper, and wipes when she wants him to wear a new one lol
bakerytreatz16
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm 15 weeks pregnant. Maybe telling her about the baby is why she insists in putting diapers on monkey.

Quoting Anonymous:

I had to pretend a Thomas the Tank engine was my son's sister for like 8 months....Until he got the real sister.  I still have that damn train tucked into a drawer!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NEMommaOf3
by Give Thanks on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:04 PM
LOL! Nope, I did it too when my kiddos were little. My odd had a stuffed lamb named "Sheepy". Sheepy got fake salad at mealtimes, had her own pillow and blanket...went every where. My ds and ydd have had 'pets' too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:04 PM
1 mom liked this

My 2 year old has a collection of dogs and 1 penguin. The dogs are all dog puppy or woof, but the penguins name is Tom.....

bakerytreatz16
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:05 PM
She has a Mary had a little lamb doll. A baby in a lamb costume that sings. It's name is Mary. She calls is "Mary baby" now. She gives her bottles lol

Quoting NEMommaOf3:

LOL! Nope, I did it too when my kiddos were little. My odd had a stuffed lamb named "Sheepy". Sheepy got fake salad at mealtimes, had her own pillow and blanket...went every where.

My ds and ydd have had 'pets' too.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)