• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

kitchen nightmares.

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:06 PM
  • 4 Replies
We've all had them unless you don't cook at all. Lets share.
My biggest one was one time I was making chicken soup and when I went to add some salt I dropped the whole damn salt shaker in the pot. So ofcourse I couldn't feed my family that super salty soup. We had sandwiches that day lol.
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
sweetieiv
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:12 PM
Another one of mine is I was washing dishes and I didn't notice that I had made a splash of soapy water on the floor. When I turned around to leave the kitchen I fell flat on my ass. I was barefoot so it was real slippery.
firehorse13
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:19 PM

I don't know about a kitchen nightmare, but I do have a funny story.  

My husband and I were living by ourselves our first Thanksgiving, so I got to cook my first Thanksgiving dinner! I was so stoked.  We invited my in-laws over and everything.  I called my mom and got the recipes I was accustomed to having for Thanksgiving and went on my way.  My mother in law told me she'd go grocery shopping with me, and she was amazed that I spent over $200 on the dinner.  I didn't think anything of it, cause it was my first :)

Apparently my mom forgot to mention the fact that the recipes she gave me were our families recipes for Thanksgiving - aka they feed 45-50 people.  We had 6 people to feed.  We ended up packing up a lot of it and taking it to the homeless shelter.  It was a great, tiring day :)

sweetieiv
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:09 PM
Aww it worked out for the best though. You shared with the less fortunate and that's very nice.

Quoting firehorse13:

I don't know about a kitchen nightmare, but I do have a funny story.  

My husband and I were living by ourselves our first Thanksgiving, so I got to cook my first Thanksgiving dinner! I was so stoked.  We invited my in-laws over and everything.  I called my mom and got the recipes I was accustomed to having for Thanksgiving and went on my way.  My mother in law told me she'd go grocery shopping with me, and she was amazed that I spent over $200 on the dinner.  I didn't think anything of it, cause it was my first :)

Apparently my mom forgot to mention the fact that the recipes she gave me were our families recipes for Thanksgiving - aka they feed 45-50 people.  We had 6 people to feed.  We ended up packing up a lot of it and taking it to the homeless shelter.  It was a great, tiring day :)

sweetieiv
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:25 PM
Wow nobody wants to confess kitchen nightmares?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)