Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'll do what I want! Dammit!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies
1 mom liked this

I got a 3k bonus from work Monday. I paid all the bills and gave dh a 1k. Yesterday I made an appointment to get extensions put in my hair. I've never had them and the lady is charging me 300.00 to do it and for the hair. Dh starts complaining today saying that's money I could be saving, umm yeah, so could have that thousand I gave you. He's all you women put to much time and money into stuff y'all really don't need. I'm doing this for me. I haven't had my hair in MONTHS because I've been pulling in 12 hour shifts to cover bills that he can't, including his 416.00 a month car payment. That shit pissed me off and I don't know why.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DivaKim
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:35 PM
You go girl! He needs to lighten up. It's your bonus and it sounds like you paid bills first, gave him some money and a treat for yourself.

ajrjj05
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:36 PM

waste of $300, but you did give him a grand. What did he do with his?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Don't let him make you feel guilty about that. You obviously have your priorities straight.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:37 PM
2 moms liked this

go for it. I wouldn't have given him a grand if i were making his car payment for him. Maybe 200

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:38 PM
2 moms liked this

I would have told him to fuck off. When he starts handing out money then he can help decide where it goes. Until then shut up and tell you how fucking great those damn hair extensions look!!

Mommy_Natural
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:38 PM
Tell him you changed your mind and you'd rather save that thousand you gave him. Does he work, why can't he pay his car payment?
dbrown1989
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:38 PM

he made an asshole comment, that's why you're mad! enjoy getting your hair done mama!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:39 PM

He let MIL borrow 500 for a vacation and blew the rest at walgreens buying shit he'll never use 

Quoting ajrjj05:

waste of $300, but you did give him a grand. What did he do with his?

La_Vie_en_R0se
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:41 PM
Meh...any money either of us make is our money. That being said, if we had an extra $3000 and I wanted $300 to do whatever I wanted with, my DH would send me merrily along my way. He doesn't really care what I spend extra money on :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:43 PM

He works but can't afford to make the payments. I don't mind doing that because he helps out with other bills but to complain about me getting my hair done was extreme.

Quoting Mommy_Natural:

Tell him you changed your mind and you'd rather save that thousand you gave him. Does he work, why can't he pay his car payment?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)