Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Online buying question...Amazon

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:24 PM
  • 15 Replies

I bought my kids a cheap $50 tablet from Amazon a few months ago. Now it will not charge or turn on. This is why I got them a cheap one, they are 4 and 20 months and honestly it was just so they would stop asking to play with my phone. I keep pretty good tabs on it and I use it a lot for my youngest to keep her entertained while at doctors offices and therapy apts. We also use a lot of good learning apps on it for her delays.

It says on my order info it has a 1 year waranty but I cannot figure out who I contact about that and seeing if we can get it replaced. I bought the cheap one because if this happened to an actual Ipad I would have been upset but Im bummed because my youngest has some stuff coming up I wanted to have it around for. So who do I contact about the warranty and getting a new one? Amazon? The seller? I dont shop online often but I ordered it at the same time I got my new kindle fire so I figured I would just order from amazon for the kids tablet too.

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SparklePants
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:26 PM

The person you gave the money too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:26 PM
What brand is it?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:27 PM
You need to contact the company you bought it from, not Amazon.
RiotousDigits
by Emerald Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:28 PM

contact the manufacturer.  unless you bought an extended warranty through Amazon (i don't think they even offer them for devices that cheap), the only people who would offer the warranty would be the maker

lainec
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:28 PM

You contact Amazon...they are really good with returns and helping you with any issues.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:29 PM
The charger may just be bad. Have you tried a different charger for it yet?
supermama322
by Kaylee on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Manufacturer. Amazon is just a middle man in most cases.

wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:30 PM

You need to Contact the Manufacturer. Amazonn doesn't warranty anything they're just the middle man.

JanineDeer
by Janine on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:30 PM

I think Amazon should have an FAQ page to help you out.

I have heard some bad about some Amazon sellers, selling really cheap knock-offs.   You are to notify Amazon if you get ripped off - they are supposed to then not let those sellers use Amazon.

Rbrown72707
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Contact Amazon.  If they can't help with the warranty, they might be able to help you track down the seller.  I've done a lot of shopping on Amazon.  Whenever I've had a problem, they have ALWAYS fixed it, even if it came through a 3rd party seller.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)