Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms whos kids take dance classes

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies

How many classes do they take per week and what kind to they take and how much does it cost?

my SD8 wants to do dance this year, but with just Dh and I paying it seems like a lot of money...

and... go

How do you feel about the cost of dance classes for children?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:45 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:46 PM
It's $50 a month for jazz, ballet, hip-hop. One day a week for an hour. Then tumbling one day a week for 40 minutes is also $50 a month.

I have two girls so I get a discount at both places but that's what it is for one
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:47 PM

That just seems crazy to me.. is the jazz, ballet and hip hop a combo class or 1 hour each?

Quoting Anonymous:

It's $50 a month for jazz, ballet, hip-hop. One day a week for an hour. Then tumbling one day a week for 40 minutes is also $50 a month.

I have two girls so I get a discount at both places but that's what it is for one

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:47 PM

bump

erin708
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:48 PM
Both my girls take 1 class a wk. Its $11 per kid per class.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dreamarrow
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:51 PM
My niece did dance lessons it was $50 a month for one class per week plus cost of the costume which is roughly $80 -100 . You buy the costume at rectical time.
RMC007
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:51 PM

Before my dd started doing competative dance, she took one class a week. The class lasted 45 minutes, I believe I paid about 70 a month, August - June. That didn't include a recital fee of $85 and recital costumes, which were $65 each. DD was in a ballet/tap combo class, so I had to buy 2 costumes. The recital was optional, but everyone pretty much does it because they practice the dance in class.

My dd does competitive dance and is at the studio 4 days a week, for about an hour each time. If you only do technique classes, it is not that expensive, but I will warn you now, it is very expensive once you get to the competitive level. I pay about 130 a month for tuition, but that does not include any of the choreographer fees, costumes, or competition fees.

Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:51 PM

bump

MomToDarienne
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:56 PM

I used to be a part time dance teacher, and for an hour of ballet a week it was $55 a month, but for 7 days a week it was $234. It all just depended on how many days a week you wanted.

countrymomma81
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:58 PM

$65.00 for registration. $75 a month for ballet, tap and jazz (one class that lasts 1.5 hours long) and hip hop (another class that is an hour long). 

We were going to put her in baton as well but she's only 6 and that's too much. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)