Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you call a dr?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies

My daughter had kidney reflux and is on a daily antibiotic to keep infections away. The reflux makes it so she gets UTIs a lot. Shes been running a 101ish fever all day, she barely ate anything all day today and is now acting lethargic. She just woke up from a nap around 5 and now 3 hours later is back asleep again. Very odd for her since we tend to stay up until about 10 or so. She has other health issues but none of which could cause these symptoms. However Im worried about a UTI. The biggest concern we have is febrile seizure which she has had associated with these UTIs but because of the antibiotics we were told she would not present with the typical symptoms she always has. Im not sure what to do or think but I know the longer a UTI goes untreated for her the more it will scar her kidneys and they are already showing signs of issues from frequent UTIs.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Princess111201
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:13 PM

you need to take her to the er asap! how old is your daughter?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:24 PM

:( ok....Im so frustrated with so many ER trips with this child...Im going to take her lol but Im not going to lie its frustrating to now figure out who is watching my oldest and what not. Not to downplay the situation because I know how serious this can get, I was hoping to hear someone say Im overreacting lol.

Quoting Princess111201:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:24 PM

Shes 20 months also

busymommy2013
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I would be taking her into the er right now.
Princess111201
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:27 PM

awh hunny, im sorry. :( honestly, i always play on the safe side of things. im 36 weeks pregnant with my firts, and ive been to the hospital 3 times since monday because of all the problems ive been having. fortunately from what they told im okay. but still. i would rather make sure ya know? and the fact that your daughter is 20 months, she needs to be seen! its urgent! please keep posted. i hope everything turns out for the better.

Quoting Anonymous:

:( ok....Im so frustrated with so many ER trips with this child...Im going to take her lol but Im not going to lie its frustrating to now figure out who is watching my oldest and what not. Not to downplay the situation because I know how serious this can get, I was hoping to hear someone say Im overreacting lol.

Quoting Princess111201:

nicci29223
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:37 PM
My dd (3 yrs old) just had an allergic reaction to antibiotics that presented how you are describing. I talked to the triage nurse the night that the fever appeared and was told to watch her temp and see how she was in the morning. She didn't think it was an allergy because dd had been on the meds for 10 days already. The next morning she had hives, a fever,and still wasn't eating. We got in to see her doctor and we're told to give benadryl and lots of liquid.

Good luck. Hopefully it's not something serious.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:15 PM

I have to wait for my mother in law to be out of work at 10 to take my oldest but Im pretty positive its a UTI, shes been grabing herself in the diaper area and screaming in between waking up and falling back asleep. Im just hurting so much for her because the antibiotics were suposed to stop this from happening and if she continues to have the UTIs with antibiotics daily she will likely need surgery.

Quoting nicci29223:

My dd (3 yrs old) just had an allergic reaction to antibiotics that presented how you are describing. I talked to the triage nurse the night that the fever appeared and was told to watch her temp and see how she was in the morning. She didn't think it was an allergy because dd had been on the meds for 10 days already. The next morning she had hives, a fever,and still wasn't eating. We got in to see her doctor and we're told to give benadryl and lots of liquid.

Good luck. Hopefully it's not something serious.

nicci29223
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Poor kiddo.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:05 PM
A uti can cause a fever, confusion, you can become lethargic. With her age I would be more concerned with her health then just frustrated about going to the er all the time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 1, 2013 at 1:22 AM
It's been 20 months of hospital, doctor apt, therapy, home nurses, procedure after procedure, surgery. It's draining...I neve once said I didn't care about he health or wellbeing all I said was for once I wish I didn't have to worry so much. It's 1am and instead of being snuggled in my bed my baby is going to get cathed for the umpteenth time, get stick with a needle for blod work and an IV and potentionally get admitted tonight because of this. I'd give anything to not watch her go through all this, I'd much rather be home sleeping in my bed and having to not worry about any of this!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)