Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't understand this...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

I just started working at a daycare. I can't believe how some of the teachers talk badly about their children! They stand in circles at recess and just talk so negatively about some of the children that attend the school. I just step away in disbelief that people could be like that..

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:12 PM

bump

Mommy_Natural
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:14 PM
I teach at public school and I too am shocked at the things I hear. I do as you do and walk away, I will never gossip about my students.
art.diva
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:14 PM
One thing I learned about new jobs (mainly from people I hear complaining about their own job), is that the things you can't understand the other employees doing are the same things you will be doing in a few months. lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Not talking negative about a child who is mentally challenged. I'll never do that even if I've been there for 9 years.

Quoting art.diva:

One thing I learned about new jobs (mainly from people I hear complaining about their own job), is that the things you can't understand the other employees doing are the same things you will be doing in a few months. lol

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Wow. People are amazing! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:18 PM
Well I was shocked when the kindergarten teachers thanked me for putting my child on meds for ADHD. I could tell it had been a discussion possibly at recess that day. Now he's going to 3rd grade and med free. Some teachers have no business being teachers.
MomToDarienne
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:20 PM

I was previously teacher, and know exactly what you're talking about. I, like you, would just walk away. One teacher was talking about a girl with a zit...well, they were teens, what do you expect? Ugh. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:20 PM

They hit them too.  My children NEVER go to daycare.  I pulled them out after having switched a few times.  Plus I worked in daycare for YEARS.  Problem is they hire anyone who doesnt have a record and pay them minimum wage.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:22 PM

my younger son goes to speech therapy at a year round school for disabled kids and when i walk to/from the car--- WOW, the teachers and teaching assistants smoke, curse and are nasty!!  right on school grounds... i was shocked to

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Exactly!

That's why I think there is such a high turn over rate..

I have been there a month and so far 3 teachers have left within 2 months.

Quoting Anonymous:

They hit them too.  My children NEVER go to daycare.  I pulled them out after having switched a few times.  Plus I worked in daycare for YEARS.  Problem is they hire anyone who doesnt have a record and pay them minimum wage.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)