• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone have kids that knit?

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:12 PM
  • 18 Replies

Mobile Photo

My dd has learned to knit recently and really enjoys it. She is currently making a scarf. I think its pretty cool that a 9 year old can do that. She is making some mistakes of course but over all I think she is doing really well. She told me its relaxing. :)
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
redneckmama4
by Loree on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:14 PM
How sweet!

Our oldest crochets.
piesmama09
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:14 PM

My DD's learning, and she's 9 as well!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:15 PM

my kids have friends.

wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:17 PM

I taught my boys to knit when they were a little older than that. None of them do it now,  but you never know. I assume you knit. You might want to join my Group "Knit & Crochet Moms" There's a lot of moms that like to knit & crochet.

Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:19 PM

My 9 year old is learning to crochet and knit. My 6 year old wants to learn to knit too. So we will work on her to.

norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:19 PM
I crochet and have for years but I had to learn to knit so I could teach her. She was the one who wanted to start. She likes it better than crochet.

Quoting wooly:

I taught my boys to knit when they were a little older than that. None of them do it now,  but you never know. I assume you knit. You might want to join my Group "Knit & Crochet Moms" There's a lot of moms that like to knit & crochet.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:20 PM

That's neat! My kids can barely ties their own shoes! LOL

norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:20 PM
Smarty pants, lol. Dd has friends. She is very social and outgoing. She likes her down time too.

Quoting Anonymous:

my kids have friends.

Sister_Someone
by Rachel on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:22 PM

No, but I have a child that cooks. At 12 years old, he is a far better cook that I have ever been or will ever care enough to become. I'm the kind of a person who can eat the same thing for months at a time and not care, as long as it keeps me fed. I've recently given up and just let him have the kitchen. Now I'm allowed to chop and stir, but never season because apparently I over-salt.

BewitchedKisses
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:22 PM

My 10 year old son knows how to. He learned at school. He likes to knit himself masks for the lower part of his face... like, upsidedown triangles... he's a weirdo. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)