Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

At my wits' end...

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:12 PM
  • 24 Replies
Ds will be 6 on the 5th of August. He was potty trained at 3, though he wears pull ups at night. No, not because he's not fully potty trained but because he's a hard sleeper and I have tried to wake him up but it doesn't go over well. He's always been a hard sleeper. Yes, I limit liquids before bed. Anyway. It seems like from 3-5 he did fine as far as making it to the bathroom and not many accidents during the day. However, for the past year almost he has had accidents during the day. At first I figured it was because he's lazy. It went from a couple times a week to 3-4 times a day. I'm at a loss. I've taken him to the dr and he said it's most likely behavioral. The night time thing is fairly normal, his dr even admitted that he wet the bed until he was 7. But as far as daytime goes I don't know wtf to do. Yes, I send him to the bathroom every half hour or so. Sometimes I forget and it's like an hour but just a little while ago, I sent him to the bathroom and like half an hour later he peed his pants. He's going into first grade which is all day. Last year he had half days and he did have accidents at least 2-3 times a week but now he'll be there all day and which means he will probably pee several times. I have made him do his own laundry but he doesn't mind. I ask him why he pees and he just tells me he doesn't know or that he doesn't feel it. Ugh I don't know what to do. He will be the stinky kid who smells like piss at school...that is if they don't send him home and not let him come back...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Do we have the same kid ? Seriously mine will be 6 in august also and still pisses at night and sometimes during the day.Extremely frustrating e
Devious333
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:19 PM
Omg. Someone who understands. I'm going to lose it. My mom says to have patience and just pretend it doesn't bother me but 3+ times a day is ridiculous. He goes through his clothes within 2 days. I'm doing laundry constantly, I have to make sure I have plenty of vinegar for his clothes. UGH!

Quoting Anonymous:

Do we have the same kid ? Seriously mine will be 6 in august also and still pisses at night and sometimes during the day.Extremely frustrating e
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:23 PM
Me too ! Im constantly washing. Theres a liquid enzyme cleaner you can buy at petsmart or a feed store that gets the smell out of other things you can't wash. I have a 3 year old that has no accidents and stays dry all night so I understand the frustration, my almost 6 year old doesnt care but Im so tired of the pee smell everywhere!

Quoting Devious333:

Omg. Someone who understands. I'm going to lose it. My mom says to have patience and just pretend it doesn't bother me but 3+ times a day is ridiculous. He goes through his clothes within 2 days. I'm doing laundry constantly, I have to make sure I have plenty of vinegar for his clothes. UGH!

Quoting Anonymous:

Devious333
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:26 PM
My ds doesn't care either. He'd sit in his pee all day if I let him. I'm stressed about school. He's already a passive kid and a target for being bullied but this makes it worse. What do you do with your ds? I've taken TV and games away for a week before and it does nothing...vinegar seems to work really well.
Quoting Anonymous:

Me too ! Im constantly washing. Theres a liquid enzyme cleaner you can buy at petsmart or a feed store that gets the smell out of other things you can't wash. I have a 3 year old that has no accidents and stays dry all night so I understand the frustration, my almost 6 year old doesnt care but Im so tired of the pee smell everywhere!

Quoting Devious333:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:34 PM
He's not allowed desserts, tv, his bike and isn't allow other special privileges like going fishing with his dad. The biggest one so far was we refused to sign him up for soccer again until he stops doing it

Quoting Devious333:

My ds doesn't care either. He'd sit in his pee all day if I let him. I'm stressed about school. He's already a passive kid and a target for being bullied but this makes it worse. What do you do with your ds? I've taken TV and games away for a week before and it does nothing...vinegar seems to work really well.
Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Devious333:

Quoting Anonymous:

Devious333
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:36 PM
Does it seem to help at all?

Quoting Anonymous:

He's not allowed desserts, tv, his bike and isn't allow other special privileges like going fishing with his dad. The biggest one so far was we refused to sign him up for soccer again until he stops doing it

Quoting Devious333:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Devious333:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:37 PM
Not one bit ! He could careless !

Quoting Devious333:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Devious333:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Devious333:

Quoting Anonymous:

Devious333
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:39 PM
I bet you are about as crazy as me over this lol. Ds has peed on my couch before. He wasn't allowed on the couch for 2 days. He wasn't even sleeping. Just too lazy to get up so he almost ruined my cushions. Nothing seems to work with my ds either.
Quoting Anonymous:

Not one bit ! He could careless !

Quoting Devious333:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Devious333:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Devious333:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:40 PM

OMG.  Where is his father?  he might need help from a  man.  He will get sent home.  He will be made fun of.  My kids have never peed at night.  When he pees do you make him clean it up?  Have you made him sit in it for a minute?  Does he poop on himself too?  

Devious333
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:43 PM
His dad works all week and has weekends off. The peeing at night sucks but the bigger issue is during the day. No, he only pees himself. I don't know what to do, I am starting classes in the fall and I don't think I could handle home school.

Quoting Anonymous:

OMG.  Where is his father?  he might need help from a  man.  He will get sent home.  He will be made fun of.  My kids have never peed at night.  When he pees do you make him clean it up?  Have you made him sit in it for a minute?  Does he poop on himself too?  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)