Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

OMG!! PLEASE HELP!! UPDATE #4 on pg 19

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 203 Replies
Yesterday mornong (8am) I had an appt at my Endo to have my front tooth internally bleached. I had a root canal almost 6 yrs ago in the tooth due to an accident and was told then it would turn grey. The Dentist assured me it was a quick and simple procedure. They would drill a small hole in tge back of the tooth, insert the bleach, patch it up and send me home. With no pain after.
They gave me two shots, one between my lip and top front right tooth and another in the roof of my mouth. The one in the roof of my mouth HURT. the Dr did the procedure, my tooth looks great, and sent me home. I noticed in the car that my lip was swollen but figured it was from the tool they use to keep my mouth open.

Fast forward to now. My upper lip and nose are HUGE and I'm in extreme pain. I called them yesterday in tears around 12 pm, the dental assistant said it WAS NOT normal and had the dr call me in some pain meds and benedryll. I've been taking pics, this is scary. I called again today and told them I've had no improvement and emailed them pics. No word from them and when I call the receptionist says 'everyone is busy'

I don't know what to do. Any advice? ?

Please dont make fun or point out how ugly I look, im already very upset.

UPDATE 2 THIS MORNING: I called the Drs office and spoke with the receptionist. I asked if she recieved the pictures and her reply was 'yeah, Doc said its swelling from the injection site and you don't need to come in.' I told her I didn't think tha t was it, its been over 48 hours and I'm still in losts of pain and very swollen. She told me I could come in around 1:15 but it would be a waste. I told her I would be there. I feel like she is blowing me off. I took another pic this morning but since I'm mobile I will add it to the comments, I think pg 14
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:25 PM
Sorry for typos I'm loopy from meds.
NiCo86
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd just go back in to your dentist and have him take a look
AnastasiaKorsh
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:27 PM
1 mom liked this
er?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:28 PM

Pictures?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:28 PM

post the pics

LOVEZOEY
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:29 PM

you might consider going to the hospital. or does your regular dr. have a nurse line you can try for advice?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:29 PM
Mil andni talked about that but figured they say to go to a dentist. My upper lip, nose, and area between are so swollen, I look like goofy. Its so painful. My neighbor is a hygienist and said it was not normal and that he may have damaged some nerves. Im freaking

Quoting AnastasiaKorsh:

er?

petie1104
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:29 PM
I'd be heading to my regular doc or urgent care. Someone who can look and see what is going on. Either that or if park myself at the endo's office until he saw me. That sounds scary!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:30 PM

You can be quasimodo for halloween.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Im embarrassed. You ladies can be mean

Quoting Anonymous:

Pictures?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN