Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I leave my kids in the car when I am unloading groceries/other things

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

Yep I leave my 2 year old twins and 8 month old baby in the car while I am unloading groceries. They are securly strapped into their seats instead of in the house running about. I always roll the window down and it never takes more than 5-10 minutes. 

Is this something that is frowned upon?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:42 PM

BUMP!

art.diva
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:43 PM

Um...not sure.  But I wouldn't suggest asking these sorts of question in that sort of way.  All you will do is anger the beast (the CM beast).  And we don't anger the beast.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:43 PM
1 mom liked this

As long as you leave a crack for them to breathe. who cares. Sometimes I like for them to get the feeling of Africa and I let them sit in the car with the windows closed in july.  Oh yes, its like a safari.

GoddessMom2B
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:44 PM

My mom used to do it with me. I don't see the problem if you live in a secure and safe neighborhood and you are within yards of them if they should yell or need you , or god forbid anything worse. It just is a little process that makes the day a little easier on mom.

Mommy2b2many
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:44 PM

I usually put my twins in the house first before unloading groceries. But there have been a few times that I have left them in the car (in the garage with the car off and locked) while I ran to grab my purse that I left in the house.

But why wouldn't you just put them in a playpen if it really bothers you that much to have them running around?

Cmgmqmmom
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:45 PM
I only let my kids sit in the car alone when it's 95 degrees out and all the windows are rolled up. I'd recommend trying it that way.
mestiza_07
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:46 PM
I don't do it personally but I don't see a problem with it though
malibucj
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:48 PM

I always put my son in the house, but then he always tried to help since he was 2 or 3.

chocolateTARDIS
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:48 PM
Sounds reasonable to me.
MynameisMummy
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:54 PM
I only leave my 3yo ds and/or my 7yo ds and my 8yo dd in the car when I'm quickly running in to drop off something to dh or whatever. However, my driveway's a short walkway and three steps to my back porch door, which leads to the kitchen door, I leave both open, along with the storm door locked open. They are never out of sight or earshot. If I'm actually unloading a trunk FULL of groceries then they are safe in there playroom before and while I unload/put away the groceries. That's how we roll;)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)