Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What the hell do I say?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
My best friend from high school is pregnant. We are texting and she's basically telling me her boyfriend is telling her she doesn't love her. And he only got back together with her for the sex. But she loves him soo much. What I really want to say is break up with the freaking loser but I know she won't. I dog even know what to say to her.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NiCo86
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:46 PM
if it were me, I'd be honest! tell her she deserves better, that she deserves a man that will love her as much as she loves him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Mobile Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Uh, they're not even together really.  She's he's sexual doll.  Here's the greatness, she's not using condoms and got pregnant.  My best friend got pregnant by a dude who had 7 other kids.  I told her she was a fool when she got with him,  and a fool for staying.  I am brutally honest.

MistyMoo
by Emerald Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:50 PM
Tell her what you really think, sometimes that's what they need.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:50 PM
I'm goings say "if someone else told you this what advice would you give them"
In high school I told her all that and it did nothing. Knowing her I just know it won't help. She wot leave him.

Quoting NiCo86:

if it were me, I'd be honest! tell her she deserves better, that she deserves a man that will love her as much as she loves him.
MyStarLight
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:51 PM
Be honest with her
tell her you love her because you guys have been friends a along time and you and the other friends will help her out with the baby
Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:51 PM

i'd let her know how i really felt

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:52 PM
Sounds like my last relationship. She's doomed, at least I could finally beak the connection between my ex and I and it's been hard not going back to him but I know it's an unhealthy relationship. If we had a kid I'd be trapped in that BS relationship forever. When it's good, it's good and when it's bad it's really bad and that's her life now. Unless she is really strong. Try not to judge her because it's really hard to walk away from someone you love even if they tell you they don't want to do anything but use you. And it's going to be even harder now as she goes through this change in her life.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:54 PM
I don't judge her at all. I know she really does love him. I know she truly thinks he loves her but I honestly don't think he does.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sounds like my last relationship. She's doomed, at least I could finally beak the connection between my ex and I and it's been hard not going back to him but I know it's an unhealthy relationship. If we had a kid I'd be trapped in that BS relationship forever. When it's good, it's good and when it's bad it's really bad and that's her life now. Unless she is really strong. Try not to judge her because it's really hard to walk away from someone you love even if they tell you they don't want to do anything but use you. And it's going to be even harder now as she goes through this change in her life.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:03 PM
All you can do is listen. Sometimes she'll be happy and other times she will be devastated and depressed and it's going to be very extreme either way because of the stress and hormones of the pregnancy. Hopefully she can find a way to remain emotionally, financially and socially balanced while dealing with both a player and a pregnancy. When she is down tell her to focus on a goal like budgeting, education plans, meal planning, scheduling, baby plans, coordinating a baby shower, etc.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't judge her at all. I know she really does love him. I know she truly thinks he loves her but I honestly don't think he does.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)