Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did he actually call them stupid?

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:22 PM
  • 4 Replies

We went to a cookout over the weekend and something was said that I just keep finding myself thinking about.

One of the guests and her Sister and Mother were talking very excitedly about an upcoming concert they have tickets for.  It's a country musician and since I don't listen to country I mentioned that I had never heard of that artist and asked if they had been around  a while ... just making conversation.  

At that point the womans husband chimed in and said "Who cares who they are?  Country music is for dumb people and nobody with a decent amount of brain cells would listen to it.". 

The ladies laughed and called him a name. I kept waiting for him to laugh like he was teasing, but he didn't.  He just got up and left the room and I stood there thinking 'Did he really just call his wife, her Mother, and her Sister all stupid? Right to their faces?'. 

I cannot imagine my husband ever saying such a thing.    I'm still kind of shocked. 

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:23 PM

Wow.  If it didn't seem to bother them, it might just be a thing they have, kwim?  DH sounds serious when he's poking fun at family  They are full of inside jokes that make me wonder sometimes.

DarksMama
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Sounds like he did...and they were trying to play off his assholish nature. They failed. He's a douche. LOL

Anonandon
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:26 PM

Seems like he was just playing around, I wouldn't have given it a second thought, especially since they laughed.  My husband sounds serious when he's joking around as well.

thin.n.thick1
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:38 PM

I bet one of those T-swizzel songs is about him (Taylor Swift's rape name)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)