Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moving and I don't know what to do. Help a girl out?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 46 Replies

I hate making decisions. lol I can never decide if I'm making the right choice or not. Ok, background, we live in a mobile home at the moment. We are looking for something better because this place is a little run down and I don't feel it's safe for my kids. We've only been here about a year and only moved in because the place we did live, they sold the house out from under us.

Anyway, the place I'm looking at is an apartment. There are 4 apartments to each building. It's a 2 bedroom with one bath. Rent is $450 a month which isn't bad for this area. It's located in a subdivision and close to Dh's work and the kids' schools. It's actually about a mile and a half from where we live now. I'm going to post some pics and see what everyone else thinks. This is my best friends apartment, we are looking at the one right beside her. She just moved in there, so they don't have much stuff.

The kitchen is a little small and there isn't much cabinet and counter space. Don't really like that, but I guess we can deal.

I guess I should add that I have two boys. So, they would share a room. They always have and have always been ok with it.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:02 PM

I want to add that we have never lived in an apartment before, so can someone clue me in to apartment living? What should we expect if we do choose to rent it?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:03 PM
$450?!?! My apt isn't much bigger 2bd 2ba and I pay $1, 000
Beenhereforever
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:03 PM
It's really tiny.. My kids would need more room than that. I say keep looking.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:04 PM

Looks great for $450 a month!

casseopeia
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:04 PM

It looks like an OK place.  Not very fancy.  BTW, 2-bedrom apartments where I live (SF Bay area) go for about $3,000 to $4,500 a month.  I paid $1,800 for a one-bedroom.

Beenhereforever
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:04 PM
If you have little kids, you don't want a top apartment, if they jump the neighbors will complain, plus balconies scare me,, with little ones. Good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:06 PM
That's cheap. I'd do it if the mobile is run down enough to cause safety concerns.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:08 PM

It isn't. It's kind of strange, the places look like a duplex house, but the back kind of goes down hill, and there's 2 more apartments down there. So technically, the upstairs apartment entrances are at ground level for them and the bottom apartments are ground level for them. There's about 15-20 of these down one side of the street.  

Quoting Beenhereforever:

If you have little kids, you don't want a top apartment, if they jump the neighbors will complain, plus balconies scare me,, with little ones. Good luck.

Wynonnerz
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:09 PM
That is CHEAP! And the apt doesn't look that bad, you've been in a mobile home for a year I'm sure you could make it work
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:09 PM

Holy cow!!!  

Quoting casseopeia:

It looks like an OK place.  Not very fancy.  BTW, 2-bedrom apartments where I live (SF Bay area) go for about $3,000 to $4,500 a month.  I paid $1,800 for a one-bedroom.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)