• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I had "The Talk" with my 10 y/o the other night...

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:04 PM
  • 5 Replies
It all started because I started my period. I had bled in my panties a little bit and had them soaking in the mop bucket.

The boys asked why I had to soak a pair of my underwear. They thought I'd had an accident. Lol. I explained it was because I had gotten my period and it was blood. Well then my 10 year old wanted to know what a period was and why I had one. Since his younger brother was right there, I told him I would have to answer his questions later that day.

When we say down to talk, I googled a pic of a woman's reproductive system so I could show him the ovaries, Fallopian tubes, and uterus.
I explained that the uterus get thicker and the ovaries release an egg into the Fallopian tube to be fertilized. He then asked how the egg would be fertilized. I told him the sperm from a man has to get to the egg. Then came the question in was dreading. "But HOW does the sperm get to the egg mom?"

I told him a man has to put his penis in a woman's vagina. It was awkward to have that conversation with him, but I'm glad I did because he got the facts and not some bs answer.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
kylenkodysmom
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:20 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kylenkodysmom
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:23 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1plustwinsmommy
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Good for you! I'm glad I have all girls. For some reason I think it's less awkward to talk about it with girls. 

poohbearkfc
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Good for you.
kylenkodysmom
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:39 PM
I always thought it would be DH having this conversation with the boys, but he works out of state and is gone more than he's home unfortunately.

Quoting 1plustwinsmommy:

Good for you! I'm glad I have all girls. For some reason I think it's less awkward to talk about it with girls. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)