Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ex husband is mad I won't let him take DD for free school supplies

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
I told him two days ago I was taking her shopping for school supplies this weekend. She and I are going to make a day of it and have fun. Today he tried to tell me he was taking her to some random church for a free backpack and supplies to "save everyone money." he wasn't spending any in the first place. He's mad I don't want to do that. I feel other less fortunate children need them. Also, those things are packed and last year it was on the news and most kids didn't get anything. I also think it's tacky on some level. He's mad, pouting, and thinks I'm being stubborn and dumb on this.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:11 PM

You do your thing and let him do his.  Donate the free bag back to the church.  Problem solved.

cateringtomel
by Anna_Elijah on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:15 PM
My kids mom just called wanting to do that for her kids.
I didn't have the heart to tell her I already bought them everything they needed so ill just donate it to someone
OneAllergicMama
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:17 PM

The point of those drives are for under privileged kids - if you can afford to buy new, then you don't need to be taking advantage of the system.

Qmama206
by Nobi ❤️ on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:20 PM
You're husband sounds like mine. It's not tacky to get free school supplies but if you can afford them then there is no need. Those supplies are for kids that would otherwise have nothing. Just try to get you're dh to understand you're logic I'm sure he will understand.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)