Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Apparently I am now allergic to latex (TMI)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

Yup apparently I am allergic to latex. DH and I had sex last night. We passed out and I woke up in the middle of the night in so much pain all I could do was cry. I didn't know what was wrong but my vagina felt like it was on fire. DH rushed me to the ER and told the doctor what had happened leading up to the event. He gave me some medication to help with the swelling and some pain meds (sorry for any typos I am still very loopy). I never thought that after 15 years of using condoms to prevent pregnancy they would hate me so much. I have had 5 children and I would pick year long labor over a year with this. 

Yep so PSA: You can become allergic to latex suddenly at anytime and if you are using latex condoms your vagina will suffer. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:14 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:16 PM
I'm there with ya. They make some good synthetic condoms now...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Make sure to let your obgyn know at your next visit. No fun finding out you're newly allergic to latex after having an internal exam done with a latex glove....the same symptoms happened to me.
Also beware of latex band aides. If I use them on my arms the area turns bright red and swells =/
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Been there, done that. Ugh!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:19 PM

LUBE.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:19 PM

Me too!  Be careful with kiwi and banana, too.  I can eat them, but they make my mouth itchy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:29 PM

We used lube 

Quoting Anonymous:

LUBE.

Ashley_Carlson
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:31 PM

Beware of generic bandaids. Even the non-latex ones can have latex in the glue (I know, it's stupid). I found this out after getting a cut, using a generic non-latex bandaid, and having a reaction to the glue.

tialisa
by Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:44 AM
Yep its a horrible pain, I found out while in labor withy now 14 year old!!! Swelling while dialating.... Great combo :/
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:46 AM
Make sure you are near a hispital if you eat kiwi. Check labels if you drink juice for kiwi.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN